Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Complaining to Children’s Services

The Children’s Services department in Hampshire are responsible for a range of social care services for children, young people and their parents/carers including caring for a child with special needs. Because of the law governing Children’s Services, different types of complaints are dealt with in different ways (see the external link on the right for further information).

It’s recommended that you speak to an appropriate member of staff as soon as possible if you have any concerns about the service or services being provided.  If you do not feel comfortable reporting your complaint in this way or if you have already done this and feel that it hasn't helped to resolve the issue then you could discuss this with the service manager.

Many concerns can be quickly and successfully resolved in this way but occasionally it isn't possible to reach a resolution and a formal complaint needs to be made.

Back to top