'“Cook and Eat” easy read cook books are a range of specially adapted cookery books. They have been written so that if you have a learning disability you can make more meals with less help. Other people with learning disabilities helped to make the books.
The recipes are easy because there is:
- A photo list of food you need
- A photo list of things from the kitchen you will need
- Easy words
- Easy method to follow
- Measures and timings for everything
- Only one thing needs to be done at one time
- No time limits so it doesn’t matter how long it takes
- Photographs and pictures
- Help with food safety.
Books in the range (all books cost £12 each + p&p) include:
- Small Meals – meals you might eat at lunchtime. Quick and easy things you might eat at lunchtime. Things like a Bacon Sandwich. You do not need to use a sharp knife to make these meals.
- Big Meals – meals you might eat at teatime. Easy things you might eat at teatime. Some recipes need you to use a sharp knife to chop easy things.
- Baking – includes easy and hard recipes. How to make things you might eat for a pudding or a snack. Some recipes are quick and easy, and some recipes take longer and are more difficult.