The LSCB is a key statutory mechanism for agreeing how relevant organisations in each local area will co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of children; and ensure the effectiveness of what they do.
The core functions of the LSCB are:
• developing thresholds, policies and procedures;
• communicating and raising awareness;
• monitoring and evaluation;
• participating in planning and commissioning;
• analysing information about child deaths and ensuring that there is a co-ordinated response to an unexpected death;
• undertaking Serious Case Reviews.
For more information regarding Hampshire Safeguarding Children Board procedures go to http://www.hampshiresafeguardingchildrenboard.org.uk/%20