The Early Years SEN hubs provide nursery education places for pre school children across Hampshire with significant/complex special educational needs.
The aims and purposes of the Early Years SEN hubs are to:
* provide early years education in an environment which provides a high level of staff expertise and skill in supporting children with a wide range of significant SEN
* provide early intervention which will, wherever possible, enable your child to transfer from nursery education to a mainstream school for Year R
* where appropriate, facilitate access to suitable therapy services for your child as part of their overall programme of support
* work in partnership with you to support your child’s specific learning needs
* work in partnership with staff in local schools, early years services and linked special provision to ensure your child has a smooth transfer to school, (e.g. assisting a school in building its capacity to meet the needs of the child)
* enable the Service Provider to operate as a centre of expertise in SEN (an “Early Years SEN Hub”); providing advice and support to other professionals working in the area in liaison with other providers, practitioners and professionals as appropriate.
Details of the Hampshire SEN Hubs can be found in the booklet, “Provision in Hampshire for children and young people with statements of SEN or Education, Health and Care plans”.