Hampshire County Council and its partner agencies are committed to improving the outcomes and life chances of all children and young people within the county.
Our aims are to strengthen inclusive opportunities for learning and living for all children and young people with SEND 0 to 25 years, to promote their achievements and outcomes and to use resources in the fairest and most effective way possible.
Key priorities - the following have been identified as the key priorities that the SEN service needs to address:
1. Partnership and co-production with parents/carers, children and young people with special educational needs and/or disability
2. Early recognition of needs and appropriate intervention
3. Strengthening inclusion in mainstream settings
4. Ensuring local provision is responsive to and meets local need and improves outcomes
5. Fair and efficient use of resources
6. Integrated working between agencies.
To find out more, please see the "Children and young people with special educational needs: Context and key priorities 2017-2019" document that is available to read on the external link on the right of this page.