Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Support and Funding Options for Childcare and Early Years Education

If you need support with paying for childcare, there are various options available. This page outlines wjhat is available to parents, and signposts to further information on these schemes.

The information includes:

  • Childcare Choices
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Tax-Free Childcare
  • Employer Support
  • Help if in Education
  • National Insurance Credits

Please see our main financial support page.

Free Early Years Education funding

Free Early Years Education (EYE) Funding

Eligible families of two year olds and all three and four year olds are entitled to some free early years education. These places are available in Ofsted registered school nursery classes, state or private nursery schools (including independent schools), day nurseries, playgroups or pre-schools and childminders. They need to approved by the local authority to deliver EYE.

Further details can be found here.

2 Year Old Offer

These scheme allows eligible children to receive free early educatin from the funding period after their second birthday. For further details and to see if your child is eligible, please follow this link.

3 and 4 Year Old Funding - 30 Hours Childcare

An additional 570 hours of free early years education is available for eligble children aged 3 and 4. Further details can be found here.

Early Years Pupil Premium

If your child is 3 or 4 years old and receiving universal free early years education then their childcare provider could claim an additional £302 per year for each child. The premium can be spent on supporting the development, learning and care of children. Further details of the scheme can be found here.

Disability Access Fund

Three and four year olds will be eligible for the Disability Access Fund (DAF) if they meet the following criteria:

  • the child is in receipt of child Disability Living Allowance and;
  • the child receives free early education

See here for further details.

Additional support for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)

There are additional support available for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

For further information on:

  • SEN Funding
  • Inclusion Support Fund Grant (SENIF)
  • Disability Access Fund (DAF)
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Direct Payments
  • Family Fund

Please see our main support page.

Back to top