Pre-Schools and Nurseries (including school based provision)
In Hampshire there is a range of Ofsted or Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) registered group settings providing childcare and early years education.
• offer care to children in their local community, either as a morning or afternoon session or as extended sessions including lunch
• are often run by voluntary groups but can also be run by private individuals
• care for children aged from two to five years and are usually open during term time
• differ from day nurseries in that they offer sessional based care and admit children from the age of two years old
• are usually registered with Ofsted
- can care for children aged from birth to five years and usually offer day care from 8am to 6pm, for most of the year
- are registered with Ofsted and inspected regularly
- can be run by private individuals, community groups, organisations, commercial businesses or by employers.
(Local Authority) maintained nursery schools offer full and part-time early years education places, typically between school hours. They are attached to primary schools.
A child can attend for a full or half day. Nursery schools may also offer childcare after school.
List of Hampshire schools
- are owned privately
- cater for children aged from three to sixteen
Schools are registered with Ofsted or the ISI (Independent Schools Inspectorate) but make their own arrangements concerning staff numbers, qualifications and curriculum.
If the school participates in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, it will be inspected by Ofsted.