Childminders and Childminder Agencies
In Hampshire there is a range of Ofsted registered individual childminders (and those that employ assistants) providing childcare and early years education.
• are Ofsted registered carers who look after children in their own homes
• offer a flexible service, caring for children aged from birth to sixteen years
• are usually only allowed to look after up to six children between the ages birth to eight (including their own)
• can have more children if they work in partnership with other childminders or assistants
• the service offered is unique to each family’s needs and many childminders provide evening, weekend and school holiday care.
All childminders will have completed a training course including paediatric first aid, and are inspected by Ofsted.
Interested in becoming a childminder? Visit: Becoming a registered childminder in Hampshire
Childminder agencies (CMA)
• are organisations designed to offer a ‘one-stop shop’ of services for both childminders and parents
• are registered and inspected by Ofsted. The CMA will register and quality assure childminders who join their agency
• will offer parents a range of services to support them in finding a childminder and offer some additional services, such as cover, when a childminder is sick or on holiday