Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Services and information for children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities

Hampshire's Local Offer for Special Educational Needs and / or Disabilities

Your Local Offer - Information and services available in Hampshire for children and young people (birth to 25) who have Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND)

The Local Offer includes information about education, health, social care, preparation for adulthood, leisure services and impartial information advice and support.

Hampshire’s Local Offer (co-produced with parents, carers and young people) aims to help you find your way through the maze of information to reach the best solutions for you / your child.

Latest News

New grants appoved to support Short Break activities

Grants in excess of £1 million have been agreed, by Hampshire County Council, for voluntary groups and charitable organisations across the county, to support them in providing Short Break activities for children with disabilities and/or additional needs. Further details can be found here: Over £1 million agreed to support children and young people with disabilities | Hampshire County Council (

Open Letter to Parents regarding EHC Assessments

An open letter from Tracey Saunders, County Education Manager for Inclusion has been issued regarding the progress with EHC assessments. This can be read here.

Coronavirus (Covid-19): Information and advice

An FAQ guide has been produced for families, education providers and support services about children with special educational needs, education health and care assessments and education health and care plans. This can be accessed here.

We also now have a specific Coronavirus information and resource page to help you find the support you need at this difficult time.

For the latest information and advice about Coronavirus in Hampshire, follow this link to our main information page.

Important Information

Feedback - Your feedback is very important!

It will help us to improve the Local Offer and the services we offer. If you notice any gaps in services or information not currently included, please tell us. Please complete our feedback form to let us know what you think.

To see details of feedback received and the latest Local Offer Annual Report please click here.

Hampshire Gateway

To see leisure and play activities for children and young people with SEND you can view the Hampshire Gateway records here.

Hampshire borders

If you live on the border of Hampshire, you may wish to see the neighbouring authority's Local Offer. Click here to view Hampshire's neighbouring local authorities and their Local Offers.                                                          


Back to top