Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Search Results

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Visiting an STI clinic

Getting tested and treated for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) is straightforward and confidential. Most infections can be cured. A sexual health or genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic specialises in sexual health, and can provide tests and treatment for many STIs. Article provided by NHS Choices  

Voluntary services in Hampshire

Wherever you are in the county, there is a Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) who is able to offer your group or organisation support. The Hampshire CVS Network offers a range of support to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations operating in the county of…

Walking for health

Walking is simple, free, and one of the easiest ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier. Sometimes overlooked as a form of exercise, walking briskly can help you build stamina, burn excess calories and make your heart healthier. You don't have to walk for…

What are P Scales?

It is important for all children that their achievement and progress is recorded. P-scales describe the progress of pupils aged 5 - 16 with special educational needs who are working below the standard of the interim pre-key stage standards in the national curriculum. There are eight…

What if my child needs a dental procedure?

The aim of this page is to provide you, as carers or parents, with all the relevant information regarding your child's dental procedure and answer some of the common concerns and queries.  

What is a differentiated curriculum?

All teachers must ensure that their planning and teaching enables all children to access lessons and make progress. This means that all work within class is pitched at an appropriate level so that all children are able to access according to their specific needs. This…

What is a job?

“A job is the regular work a person does to earn money” Everyone can work! Having a paid job is an important part of most people’s lives and helps to make us who we are. People do all sorts of jobs. They look for jobs…

What is Portage?

The Portage Home Visiting Service is for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) who have significant delay in at least two areas of their development. The service will also work with the early years setting that your child attends so that different skills can be supported by everyone working…

What should I do if my child has an eating disorder?

If your child has been diagnosed with an eating disorder, here's what you can do to help. Talk to them about it Your son or daughter may suddenly become withdrawn, touchy or even rude, which can make talking with your child very difficult - especially if…
Back to top