Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Search Results

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Annual Review of an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan

The local authority must review your child’s Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan every 12 months (if your child is under five years old, reviews must be six monthly).  

Appealing to the SEN and Disability Tribunal

Support4SEND (formerly Parent Partnership Service) can offer impartial information advice and support about making an appeal and preparing your case. For Hampshire parents, the Tribunal hearing may be in London or held more locally. Decisions of the Tribunal are binding on the local authority.

Choosing a School or College (SEND)

  Choosing a school or post 16 placement if your child has a Statement or Education Health Care Plan.  

Concerns about your child's development

It is normal for babies and children to learn skills at different rates to children of a similar age, e.g. sitting up, gaining speech and being toilet trained. However, as a parent it can be a worry if your child is slower to achieve these…

Disagreement, Resolution and Mediation

When disagreements arise in connection with special educational needs the County Council aims to do all it can to resolve any differences without the need to resort to formal process. However, from time to time, it may be necessary to call upon the services of…


  What is Dysgraphia? You probably hear a lot about learning and attention issues like Dyslexia and ADHD but chances are you don’t hear much about dysgraphia. The condition is described as follows: ''Dysgraphia is a neurological condition that impairs writing and memory processing. It…

Early Years SEN Hubs in Hampshire

The Early Years SEN hubs provide nursery education places for pre school children across Hampshire with significant/complex special educational needs. The aims and purposes of the Early Years SEN hubs are to: * provide early years education in an environment which provides a high level…

Easy Read Guides to SEND Support

The Department for Education and Mencap have produced two easy read guides to help set out changes in the new law for those with special educational needs or a disability. The first easy read guide has been written for parents and sets out how the recent changes…

Education Health Care (EHC) Assessments

  The information below explains how to request an EHC assessment and what happens when you do.    

Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans

  The purpose of an EHC plan is to make special educational provision to meet the special educational needs of the child or young person, to secure the best possible outcomes for them across education, health and social care and, as they get older, prepare…
Back to top