Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Search Results

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Annual Review of an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan

The local authority must review your child’s Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan every 12 months (if your child is under five years old, reviews must be six monthly).  

Anti-Bullying Information

The Anti-Bullying Alliance have launched their new free Online Anti-Bullying Information Tool for parents and carers. The tool is interactive and designed to give parents and carers information about bullying. The tool will help parents if they: * are concerned that their child may be…

The Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) for service families

The Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) within the Ministry of Defence provides advice and guidance to Service parents, educational establishments and local authorities on educational issues relating to Service children, including issues relating to SEN.  Any Service family, anywhere in England, can access CEAS support. …

Choosing a School or College (SEND)

  Choosing a school or post 16 placement if your child has a Statement or Education Health Care Plan.  

Education Centres / Alternative Provision

Hampshire has seven Education Centres (EC) known elsewhere as Pupil Referral Units (PRUs) for KS3 and KS4. Places are commissioned for either pupils who are: permanently excluded, those at risk of permanent exclusion and for pupils with medical needs or who are emotional vulnerable and…

Education Health Care (EHC) Assessments

  The information below explains how to request an EHC assessment and what happens when you do.    

Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans

  The purpose of an EHC plan is to make special educational provision to meet the special educational needs of the child or young person, to secure the best possible outcomes for them across education, health and social care and, as they get older, prepare…

Elective home education

Hampshire County Council is committed to supporting families who choose to home educate their child. Taking responsibility for your child’s education is a major decision and parents need to be sure they can undertake education effectively. The impact on family life can also be considerable…

Hampshire Special Educational Needs (SEN) Service

What is the SEN service? The SEN Service co-ordinates support for children and young people with SEN across the whole of Hampshire. Who works in the SEN Service? The Service is divided into area teams led by Education Officers for SEN. Each team consists of…

Help with Transport to School

Every year, Hampshire County Council spends over £30 million transporting children to school under its statutory obligations. This is one of the largest items of expenditure for Hampshire Council tax payers. To find out if your child will qualify for local authority funded transport assistance from near your…
Back to top