Family Information and Services Hub

Search results

Choose between information and advice and local services using the tabs below.

Showing 257 advice and information articles

Result actions

  1. Easy Read Guides to SEND Support

    The Department for Education and Mencap have produced two easy read guides to help set out changes in the new law for those with special educational needs or a disability. The first easy read guide has been written for parents and sets out how the recent changes…
  2. What is a differentiated curriculum?

    All teachers must ensure that their planning and teaching enables all children to access lessons and make progress. This means that all work within class is pitched at an appropriate level so that all children are able to access according to their specific needs. This…
  3. SEN Funding Formula

    SEN funding formula for mainstream primary and secondary schools All maintained schools, including mainstream academies, receive a budget allocated at the beginning of the financial year, from 1 April each year. The school’s allocation for all children, including those with special educational needs, is based…
  4. SEN Support in Hampshire

    The SEN Support handbook (found in the downloads section of this page) is written for schools and settings (including Early Years settings and Post-16 colleges) to help them to identify: a child or young person’s special educational needs, what level of support they are expected…
  5. What are P Scales?

    It is important for all children that their achievement and progress is recorded. P-scales describe the progress of pupils aged 5 - 16 with special educational needs who are working below the standard of the interim pre-key stage standards in the national curriculum. There are eight…
View all related service listings
Go back to top