Family Information and Services Hub

Search results

Choose between information and advice and local services using the tabs below.

Showing 257 advice and information articles

Result actions

  1. Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)

    What are they? Disabled facilities grants can help people live more comfortable and continue to live in their own home. What are they for? Disabled facilities grants can be for a wide range of adaptations to your home such as: Improving access to the property…
  2. Disabled Students Allowances (DSA)

      Disabled Students' Allowances are extra money for higher education students who are studying at university or college. DSAs are not intended to pay for disability-related costs that you would have whether you were a student or not, such as personal care support. You can…
  3. Dysgraphia

      What is Dysgraphia? You probably hear a lot about learning and attention issues like Dyslexia and ADHD but chances are you don’t hear much about dysgraphia. The condition is described as follows: ''Dysgraphia is a neurological condition that impairs writing and memory processing. It…
  4. Dyslexia

    The British Dyslexia Association defines Dyslexia as: - "a common learning difficulty that can cause problems with reading, writing and spelling. "It's a "specific learning difficulty", which means it causes problems with certain abilities used for learning, such as reading and writing. Unlike a learning…
  5. Dyspraxia (DCD)

    Developmental co-ordination disorder (DCD), also known as dyspraxia, is a condition (Specific Learning Difficulty - SpLD) affecting physical co-ordination that causes a child to perform less well than expected in daily activities for his or her age, and appear to move clumsily. The British Dyslexia…
View all related service listings
Go back to top