Family Information and Services Hub

Search results

Choose between information and advice and local services using the tabs below.

Showing 7 advice and information articles

Refine these results

Result actions

  1. Council Tax

    Council Tax Benefit will no longer exist from 1 April 2013, instead you can apply for Council Tax Reduction. You’ll get money off your Council Tax bill if you qualify for Council Tax Reduction. You can apply for Council Tax Reduction whether you own your…
  2. Debt and hardship

    In this section you will find information on: where to get advice and local support, claiming benefits you maybe entitled to and saving money on household bills. For a comprehensive list of local services click on the ‘View all services and advice’ link on the…
  3. Disabled Students Allowances (DSA)

      Disabled Students' Allowances are extra money for higher education students who are studying at university or college. DSAs are not intended to pay for disability-related costs that you would have whether you were a student or not, such as personal care support. You can…
  4. Personal Health Budgets

    Personal Health Budgets are a new initiative to give patients more choice and control. A personal health budget is an amount of money to support the identified healthcare and wellbeing needs of an individual, which is planned and agreed between the individual, or their representative,…
  5. Tax Credits

    If you're responsible for at least one child or young person, you may qualify for Child Tax Credit. If you work, but are on a low income, you may qualify for Working Tax Credit. You can often get both types of tax credits. They aren't…
Go back to top