Family Information and Services Hub

Search results

Choose between information and advice and local services using the tabs below.

Showing 293 advice and information articles

Refine these results

Result actions

  1. Depression support groups

    Depression can make you feel isolated. It can be helpful to meet with other people who understand what it's like. This is sometimes called "peer support". Self-help groups allow people with depression to provide, as well as receive, help. How to find depression support groups Visit…
  2. Designated Clinical Officer (DCO)

      Designated Clinical Officer Special Education Needs and Disabilities 0-25 The Children and Families Act 2014 places a statutory duty on the NHS, both commissioners and provider authorities to deliver the best support to children and young people and those with special education needs for…
  3. Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

    Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children may help with the extra costs of looking after an eligible child who:  Is under 16 Has difficulties walking, and or, Needs more looking after than a child of the same age. The DLA rate is between £21.80 and…
  4. Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)

    What are they? Disabled facilities grants can help people live more comfortable and continue to live in their own home. What are they for? Disabled facilities grants can be for a wide range of adaptations to your home such as: Improving access to the property…
  5. Disabled Students Allowances (DSA)

      Disabled Students' Allowances are extra money for higher education students who are studying at university or college. DSAs are not intended to pay for disability-related costs that you would have whether you were a student or not, such as personal care support. You can…
View all related service listings
Go back to top