Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Kiddi Caru Day Nursery, Romsey (registration until: 16 Jun 2021)

Day nursery

Coronavirus status: OPEN

Who to contact

01794 324269
KiddiCaru Nursery Romsey

Where to go

Unit 10-12 Chatmohr Estate
Crawley Hill West Wellow
SO51 6AP
Accessible changing, Secure environment, Wheelchair access, Disabled parking

Childcare Information


Contact provider for vacancy details?

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement

Ofsted Information

Ofsted Inspection Report
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Latest Inspection
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
19/09/2017Inspection (Early Years Register)Good



Age Ranges
5 to 8 years, 0 to 5 years

Time / Date Details

Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
45 Weeks or More Per Year
5 Days or More Per Week
All year round

Local Offer

Local Offer
PECS, Makaton
How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

We are a privately owned Early Years Setting that has up to date policies which are reviewed annually. At Futurepath, the child’s key person, with support from the nursery SENCo, plan and oversee the needs of individual key children. If there is an identified need, we will work together with parents and other agencies involved to ensure that we are meeting their needs and providing them with support in all areas. Each key person has training on using appropriate resources, specialised equipment where necessary- depending on the requirement for the individual child. SENCo’s are able to gain information and advice from regular support groups and termly meetings with our local are inclusion co-ordinator and other local settings. Your child will be supported by the key person following an individual person plan, this could be weekly plans and goals. This is reviewed at appropriate intervals with key person, SENCo and families.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

Throughout the setting we follow the statutory frame work for early years. We do this by tracking children through observation assessment and planning. This is done by the key person for individual children, so that children’s interests are being met. We also incorporate weekly plans for each child with goals for them to achieve throughout the term which is done by a variety of activities that the key person set up to help children to enhance their development. These can all be adapted to suit every child and any individual needs they may have.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

We record the children’s development and learning through an individual Learning Journal which is made up of observations, wow moments and photos of the child at play. This is available for you to look at any time, we also give verbal handovers at the end of each session to the parent/carer that collects the child. These will inform you about their day and what type of things they have enjoyed doing. We also talk to you about any concerns we have had throughout the day or if you need help or advice then we are always happy to help you on a daily basis. We also hold Parents’ Evenings twice a year where you have the opportunity to sit down with your child’s key person to look through their learning journal and hear about your child and their current development at the setting. If your child had additional needs and an individual person plan will be put into place, we will speak with you on a regular basis to see how you’re child is progressing at home and within the setting and to review their existing plans on a regular basis. In addition to the above we also do two year old checks with children age two and over which is a summative report to let you know their development. The toddler checks also help staff to recognise and support children with individual needs that may arise and to identify and discuss any concerns at an early stage.

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

Staff are trained in first aid and all qualified members of the staff team are able to administer medicines to children. We have individual forms for medicine that we sign on every administration of medicines by staff and then by parents at the end of each session. We also have individual health care forms and allergy forms that parents complete in the initial settle sessions, these help us to identify any needs the child may have and to make sure appropriate training is obtained. One of the procedures we follow is having red posters displayed around the setting to ensure all staff are aware of children’s allergies. We also have a behaviour policy which we follow and have a designated special educational needs coordinator (SENCo) that is available to help parents and staff in the setting to meet child’s individual needs. The SENCo helps to put plans in place with the key person and parents to support the child’s development whilst in the setting, these plans are reviewed termly or sooner depending on the individual child.

What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

We have links with different outside agencies that can help us to support individual children. The main services we currently use are our Area Inclusion Coordinator that can help us signpost parents and families to different services such as Speech and Language and portage. If we currently don’t have links with specific services your child requires, then we will help to work alongside you and that service to meet all the child’s needs. We have a few polish families who attend the setting and give us certain words for the key person to use in communicating with the children. If we need to gain any further information then we are able to contact the EMTAS team who can provide us with necessary information so that we can support them in their home language.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

All staff are given behavioural training and use the ‘attending’ method throughout the setting to promote positive behaviour, we also have a trained SENCo at the nursery. We work closely with Hampshire County Council and regularly attend workshops/support meetings to further knowledge and keep up to date with changing legislation and updates.

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

>When we go on an outing, we ensure each child has had signed permissions to go. The outing is then risk assed and staff are on a 1:2 ratio. We also ensure that any medication required is taken along with a first aid kit and a qualified first aid member of staff. We endeavour for children to be fully included in all activities and can adapt the activity to meet a child’s individual needs were necessary.

How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?

We are a nursery on the ground floor. All play rooms have access to an outdoor area which is accessible for all children, staff, parents and wheelchair users. We have wide access toilet located in the reception area of the building, which is easy to access and suitable for wheelchair users. Wheelchair access is very good at the Nursery as we have a car park with a ramped entrance to the nursery.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

When we have new children joining the setting we have invited them to attend settle sessions, these vary depending on the child’s individual needs. These sessions are for both the child and parent to begin to form a relationship with the child’s key person which is designated before the child starts at the setting. When the child is due to move rooms we begin to transitional process that helps the children to get to know the new environment that they will be moving into. We do this process over a variety of sessions which can be for an hour or two. We inform the parents of forthcoming transitions by letter. When children are moving to school, we communicate with the school to devise a system of visits for the child with their key person to make them feel comfortable and settled in the new setting. This also helps them feel secure as they will then be able to communicate with the key person about the environment they will be moving into.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

All resources are decided by the management team and room leader and can be adapted or enhanced to meet each individual child’s need. There is a variety of opened ended resources which can be used in a variety of different ways.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

We do this by having regular meetings between parents and key person, following instructions/guidance from parents in regards to supporting any additional needs. You can tell us about what your expectation’s are for support and we will be happy to explain what we can offer to a new parent to the setting. We are an open setting and would welcome visit from other professionals to share practice in regards to individual needs of a child e.g physiotherapist, health visitor. We strongly believe that working together with any other professionals and most importantly the parents is the best way to support any additional needs.

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

From the initial show around and through the registration process we work with parents from the onset. If we feel we have concerns regarding your child’s learning and/or development, we ensure parents are involved and informed throughout the process. If individual person plans/health care plans are needed, we will work with parents in writing these and decide on targets or goals with parents ensuring the parents have full involvement in this process. If we need to seek advice from another agency we would first require parental consent to do this and would explain the reasons why we feel we/your child needs additional support.

Back to top