Who to contact
- 02380 663689
Where to go
- Secure environment
- Contact provider for vacancy details?
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- When is childcare available
- All Year
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 07:00 17:00 Tuesday 07:00 17:00 Wednesday 07:00 17:00 Thursday 07:00 17:00 Friday 07:00 16:30
- Offers pickups
- Hazel Wood Infant School
- Ofsted Inspection Report
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Latest Inspection Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 28/02/2020 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Has Provision
- Cultural and Spec. Diet. Needs
- Age Ranges
- 5 to 8 years, 0 to 5 years
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
45 Weeks or More Per Year
5 Days or More Per Week
All year round
Weekday All Day
- How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?
I work alone, which gives children secure, continuous care, supporting the child through all stages and working with fewer parents and children on a more personal level. I always work alongside you as parents building on their strengths and help as much as I can with any progress concerns.
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?
All activities and experiences are ‘child led’ with regard to their interests and development needs, rather than their age. I do observations within a ‘Learning Journey’ with emphasis on Next Steps’ for learning and development. Each child is individual and special and are able to play and learn within a safe, caring environment within a family home.
- How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?
In addition to the observations and experiences, I will be chatting to you, making you aware of any concerns and how we can move forward for the best interest of your child. If we all work together it is much more beneficial. I do termly reports of what your child enjoys, with space for you as parents to give me information and feedback. I do Learning journeys and forward these by email and you can see photographs of your child’s day.
- What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?
I care about all the children in my care, especially for their social and emotional wellbeing. I get down on their level and sit with them, nurturing their unique personalities whilst helping them develop into sociable, independent children within a very child oriented environment. Positive behaviour policy is used and encouraged at all times with emphasis on being kind, polite and courteous .I have simple positive house rules made by myself and the children.I have a full range of policies which are reviewed annually.
- What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?
have been on a Makaton beginner’s course and use this regularly within my setting, especially with babies to help with their early communication. I have been a childminder for 27years and have many years of experience with all children and families. I have been graded as Outstanding in my last 2 Ofsted inspections.
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?
I do ongoing training with Prospect (formally PACEY) continually throughout the year to keep up with knowledge and legislation. I have an area co-ordinator who I can call on if I have any worries or concerns.
- How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?
>I have an inclusive service and I work in ethos with all my families,continually working alongside them, sometimes from babies up to junior school . I seek any advice I need firstly from parents.
- How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?
I have good parking access. I have no wheelchair access.
- How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?
I have a good settling in process, which gradually introduces the child to my setting and other children, which gives plenty of opportunities for discussion and getting to know you and for you and your child to feel comfortable and confident in their new surroundings.
- How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?
I offer government funding for 3-4year olds and some eligible 2 year olds that attend. I will work with other agencies for any specialist help of equipment if needed. I have a lot of open ended play and heuristic play.
- How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?
With discussions with you as parents, involving outside agencies if they are needed. Using the 2 year check as a tool for discussion with you and your child’s health visitor
- How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?
You are kept up to date with a daily chat. Joint working with you as this is always the best and most beneficial to every child. You can be as involved as much as you like..as more information I get to know, the better for everyone involved, especially your child.