Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Watson, Anna Katherine


Coronavirus status: OPEN

I am a network childminder and provide Early Years Education. I am able to provide free nursery education grant. I am currently working towards a degree in Early Years

Who to contact

02380 261731

Where to go

Secure environment, Low stimulus, Accessible toilets

Childcare Information


Contact provider for vacancy details?

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
When is childcare available
Messy Play Area
Sleeping Area
Outdoor Play

School Pickups

Offers pickups
Knightwood Primary School

Ofsted Information

Ofsted Inspection Report
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Latest Inspection
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
04/02/2020Inspection (Early Years Register)Good

Inclusion Information

Special Needs

Has Provision
Experience with
Physical impairment
Visual impairment
Hearing Difficulties
Caters for children with special needs.



Age Ranges
5 to 8 years, 0 to 5 years

Time / Date Details

Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
45 Weeks or More Per Year
All year round
Weekday All Day

Local Offer

Local Offer
How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

From the children's starting points I plan individual experiences that will support your child in their learning and development. I will liaise and work in partnership with any other professionals or agencies involved in your child’s care as per my partnership working policy. I will work with you to support your child with on-going assessments and investigations. I plan and celebrate your childs strengths, what they can do not what they have not achieved whilst promoting a positive self-esteem and confidence.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

I follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Early Years Outcomes 2013 as a guide for each child’s expected development. All plans focus on your child’s next steps from their individual strengths and interests and needs from my observations of their play and development. I use all areas of my provision to plan individual experiences for the children in my care including the outdoors and the local environment.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

I talk to you on a daily basis about your child through daily diaries and at drop off and pick up. Your child’s folder, a detailed journey of their progression through daily observations and assessments is available for you to share at any time but is also sent home 3 times a year with a termly review of their achievements. Photos and snapshot comments are included in these which are emailed to you during the week. I also can arrange a mutually convenient time to have an informal discussion about your child’s progress or needs. I also can support you at home through providing toys, games and story books that will support your child’s individual needs.

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

As a sole provider I am responsible for all areas of your child’s needs. I am responsible for both physical and emotional well-being and have extensive policies that ensure your child’s well-being is foremost which are reviewed annually or following up-to-date training or new guidance. It is my ethos that children thrive in an environment of love and I actively promote kindness and care. I have a behaviour policy which I implement. Positive behaviour is re-enforced and encouraged through praise. I have a safeguarding policy and procedure to safeguard both the children and myself. I have level 4 safeguarding training, which is renewed every 3 years. Both my husband and myself are DBS checked as are any of our children who have reached their 16th birthday. I am first aid trained which is renewed every 3 years and I ensure there is access to first aid supplies whether we are home or out in the local environment. I have simple house rules which are followed by all children and families which are shared at the initial meeting.

What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

am able to access a variety of specialist services at my setting through referrals from health professionals. As part of my degree pathway I undertook a module on Working Together for Families and Children. I will follow their advice and continue programmes implemented to support your child. I have basic makaton skills and have extensive experience working with adults and children with visual impairment. I can access support and advice from the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) via the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (Pacey) co-ordinator or from specific professionals.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

I access training as required to support my professional development and ensure that I keep abreast of current guidance and developments. I have an extensive portfolio of training certificates and have recently graduated with an Early Years Degree and Early Years Teacher. Previous to childminding I was a Registered General Nurse within the Ophthalmology directorate at Southampton.

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

>Activities out of the setting and trips are a daily occurrence in my setting. I have extensive risk assessments to ensure all children are kept safe. I will ensure that I have sought your expertise in your child to make adaptions to ensure your child can participate in the activity.

How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?

My setting is in my home. I have completed an accessibility audit and am aware of the limitations, including limited wheelchair access to enter the property and no downstairs toilet facilities. However the outside area is all on 1 level with a small step to access it.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

I have a settling in policy and ensure that I have a settling in plan devised with parents in place for each child. This is written during the initial meetings with the family to ensure that we are able to get to know each other, this pathes the way for an effective partnership. Should a child move to another setting then I send a transition document detailing your child’s progress and development and I advise that their folder is shared with the new setting. I welcome the new setting to call me to discuss your child with your permission.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

I provide government funding for 3 and 4 year olds and also eligible 2 year olds for a maximum of 15 hours a week. I cannot currently stretch this offer. Additional funding can be accessed for children with SEN. I work with the family to obtain any specialist resources linking with other services and professionals as required.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

This decision is made following my observations and assessments in-conjunction with other professionals and services. The support is guided by these observations.

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

I continually consult and involve parents through your child’s daily diary which you are welcome to add too. Photos are included in the daily diary and folder which provide you with a snapshot of your child’s experiences whilst with me. I have a parents resource library which supports the home learning environment for you to share. I also share ideas for family outings, recipes, books and activities that your child has enjoyed.

Back to top