Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Hudson, Carole Lynden


I take children on outings. I am flexible.

Who to contact

02392 643725

Where to go

Accessible changing, Secure environment, Accessible toilets

Childcare Information


Contact provider for vacancy details?

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
When is childcare available
All Year
Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 07:30 17:30
Tuesday 07:30 17:30
Wednesday 07:30 17:30
Thursday 07:30 17:30
Friday 07:30 17:30

School Pickups

Offers pickups
Elson Infant School
Elson Junior School

Ofsted Information

Ofsted Inspection Report
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Latest Inspection
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
08/10/2019Inspection (Early Years Register)Good

Inclusion Information

Special Needs

Has Provision
Experience with
Challenging Behaviour
Social development impairment
Language impairment



Age group - 0 - 5: 4 per hour. Age group - Costs Age 5 - 11: 4 per hour


Age Ranges
5 to 8 years, 0 to 5 years

Time / Date Details

Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
45 Weeks or More Per Year
All year round
Weekday All Day

Local Offer

Local Offer
How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

I work alone, l work closely and give continuous care to all children, building self-confidence and positive self-esteem. I support children by working closely with yourself and any other professionals who may be involved with your child's care/development. I assist you to support your child with ongoing assessments/development and ask you to complete an 'All About Me' form which focuses on your child's strengths, home life, interests and language.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum is used as a guide to your child's development. All planning is based around your child's own strengths, needs, interests and preferences, using observations as a starting point to assess their own level, and is tailored to your child's individual developmental needs, rather than their age, as your child is their own unique person.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

Each child has their own individual needs, observing them during play/activities, l can evaluate their needs to take learning/development forward. If there are concerns, these will be discussed with you on a regular basis and support given to you and your child. If more support and advice is needed, with your permission, l would contact Professional Association of Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) and other relevant professionals. We can work together for the benefit of your child.

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

Your child's overall well-being whilst in mu care is my responsibility, ensuring that they are secure and safe, both physically and emotuionally, building their self-confidence and self-esteem. I risk assess continually inside my home and on outside visits. I am paediatric first aid trained, which l re-take every 3 years. I am level 3 safeguarding trained which is updated every 3 years. Myself, husband and 3 sons have all been checked by Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) which is now know as Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS). I have a full range of policies including Safeguarding, Risk Assessments, Equal Opportunities and others, these are reviewed/updated regularly. Photographic devices are not used unless l have written permission/consent to do so. I am registered with the Information Com missioners Office (ICO)

What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

can access further expertise from my Professional Association Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) coordinator, local authority or seek advice from other specific professionals. I will follow other professionals advice to assist with progress for your child. A family member is a Play Therapist with experience and expertise and l have a strong network/support from other childminders.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

Training is undertaken on a regular basis and when the need arises, to ensure my professional knowledge and personal development is continued. I am more than happy/willing to work closely with parents/carers and any involved outside agencies to learn specific skills to support children with specific additional needs. I worked in a school for children with additional needs. I have a level 3 Diploma for Children and Young Peoples Workforce. I am First Aid Trained.

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

>I operate an inclusive setting/service and this is extended to all activities both in and out of my setting. If l am undertaking an excursion l will seek your advice as you will have up-to-date and relevant knowledge/information about your child's requirements/needs. All/any trips/excursions are risk assessed, considering all children in my care, and your child's needs are accounted for.

How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?

I work from home in a terraced house. I have off road parking. There is a small step up to my front door. I have a step down into the conservatory and a step over the door threshold into the garden, these could be adapted. I have downstairs toilet facilities. My garden is secure and mostly paving slabbed with a small step to decking. I have no wheelchair access.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

Children and families are asked to attend settling in sessions before they start, This gives an opportunity for parents/carers to meet me and for me to get to know the child, creating a good environment for the future. Some sessions will be with the child alone, giving me an opportunity to form a bond, and to meet the other children l care for, also to meet my other family members. Children moving onto pre-school/school/other settings are supported in the same way.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

In my setting l can provide Government funded early years education places for eligible 2 year olds, also all 3 and 4 year olds. [ (].This is a maximum of 15hours per term week. Additional funding can be claimed for children with additional educational needs. I will work in partnership with you and your family to identify and obtain any specialist equipment and resources as required.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

A decision is made about how much and the type of support your child receives/requires following discussions with you the parent/carer, othder professionals, and after observations and assessments that myself and other practitioners/professional undertake, Additional information could also come from the 2 year check, where age appropriate. If further advice is required l will with your permission contact Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) coordinator or the Early Years Team.

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

Parents/carers will continually involved and consulted about their child's development/learning and well being. You will be kept up to date with their progress and care. A daily diary will be used which is a two way communication between yourself and me, Joint working with and alongside parents is always mutually respected and beneficial, especially for your child.

Back to top