Young carers in schools
- Provide a weekly adult mentor for young people failing to a achieve in school
- To help young people identify barriers to academic achievement and set goals to enable them to achieve and reach their full potential
- Working with a young person to build emotional resilience, and offer continuous informal support and Advice Information and Guidance (IAG)
- Supporting and enabling a young person to reach a personal achievement
Programme overview: This mentoring programme is aimed at any young person that needs on-going emotional support. The sessions provide a supportive mechanism that enables a young individual to feel accepted, valued and respected, building up their self esteem, self confidence and harnessing within them a emotional understanding of their world. Running alongside the emotional support is the development of an inspirational youth lead fundraising activity that helps a young person achieve personally.
Who to contact
- £12.00 per pupil for 30min 1-2-1 + 10 min write up. Normal arrangement: 3 hours in school support at £60 for the 3 hrs. Up to 5 young people receiving a 1-2-1 in those 3 hours with 30min write up time. £40 for 2 hour for up to 10 young people in a homework club