Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Herron, Sandra


Coronavirus status: OPEN

Who to contact

07946 700917

Where to go

Sensory adaptations, Accessible changing, Physical adaptations, Secure environment, Accessible toilets

Childcare Information


Contact provider for vacancy details?

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
When is childcare available
All Year
Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 07:30 18:15
Tuesday 07:30 18:15
Wednesday 07:30 18:15
Thursday 07:30 18:15
Friday 07:30 16:30

Ofsted Information

Ofsted Inspection Report
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Latest Inspection
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
12/03/2020Inspection (Early Years Register)Outstanding



Age Ranges
5 to 8 years, 0 to 5 years

Time / Date Details

Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
45 Weeks or More Per Year
5 Days or More Per Week
All year round
Weekday All Day

Local Offer

Local Offer
How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

I work closely with all the children in my care and involve parents continually. As a childminder I work alone, but by also working closely with professionals who may be involved with any child in my care I ensure that the right support is in place. In a smaller home based setting I can help your child build self confidence and positive self-esteem, helping to make your child feel secure both emotionally and physically. I focus on your child’s strengths and interests, using these areas to indentify activities to support learning and development.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

I use the EYFS as a guide for each child’s development. Curriculum planning is based around your child’s own strengths and needs. All activities are individually tailored to your child’s developmental needs, rather than their age. Activities are ‘child led’ built around children’s interests with my guidance to help children meet their individual next steps. Activities in the home environment together with trips away from the setting allow your child to explore and investigate in a rich environment.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

As a parent you will be kept informed of your child’s progress. This is achieved through daily discussions, a communication book and your child’s development journal. My resources are available for you to borrow to support specific areas of learning and development within your child’s home. I am also happy to suggest activities for you to do with your child at home. Any concerns are firstly shared with yourself and with your permission I would seek further advice from the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) coordinator or other relevant professionals.

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

I provide a safe and secure home based environment for your child. Their overall well-being is my utmost concern. My provision and outings are constantly risk assessed. I have a behaviour policy which I implement at all times, and positive behaviour is re enforced and encouraged using praise. There are house rules in place to ensure the safety of children at all times. Medication is stored as directed and information is recorded by myself and signed daily by parents. I am trained in first aid and on the use of epipens. I will always seek training when medication has to be administered. I have level 4 safeguarding training. All training is updated regularly. All members of my household have had a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. I have a full range of policies including Admissions, equal opportunities, confidentiality, safeguarding, complaints, camera and mobile phone, health hygiene and safety, sickness and behaviour. All my policies are reviewed annually or following training/legislation changes.

What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

have previously worked and currently work with professionals for children in my care, including speech therapists, social workers, health visitors, paediatricians and pre-school staff. I follow professional advice to assist with progress specifically for your child. I have a good network of childminding colleagues with a wealth of experience amongst them. I can access further expertise and advice from my PACEY coordinator, the local authority or seek advice from other professionals.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

Training is undertaken regularly to ensure necessary knowledge and to enhance my professional development as the need arises. I have undertaken training in areas such as; behaviour management, attachment theory, supporting 2 year olds. I am trained in first aid, makaton and have level 4 safe guarding training. I have my certificate in Childminding Practise level 3, and completed an additional level 3 course on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

>I have an inclusive setting and this extends to all activities within and outside my home environment. Before undertaking an excursion I would seek your advice, as you have the most up to date knowledge and information regarding your child’s needs and requirements. All trips are risk assessed taking into consideration the needs of all children I have in my care.

How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?

I work from my home which is a detached bungalow. I have a gravel driveway which is accessible to wheelchairs/pushchairs, but these may need to be pulled rather than pushed to avoid getting stuck in the stones. There is one step up to the covered porch way. All facilities are located on the ground floor and both the kitchen and bathroom have extra wide entrances to allow easier wheelchair access. There is a door frame lip and one step down to the patio at the rear of the property and then three further steps up to the main lawned garden. I walk to the local primary school mornings and evenings three days per week. I have a seven seater car that to access has a very high step up, which can be difficult to enter and exit.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

I have an admissions/settling-in policy which I follow for all new children attending my setting. An initial meeting is set up with the parents, this gives us the opportunity to meet each other and discuss your individual childcare needs. You are provided with a copy of my portfolio and policies to take away to read. Once a parent decides to use my services an additional meeting is set up to complete a contract and provide permission forms to be completed before the child attends the setting. An ‘All about me’ questionnaire is completed to help with the transition and short free settling-in visits are set up to help your child familiarise themselves with the new surroundings. When your child moves onto a new early years setting or school I will with permission help and support the transition, talking to the professionals from these services and providing a written learning and developmental progress report for your child.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

In my care I can provide Government funded early years education (EYE) for eligible 2 year olds and all 3 and 4 year olds. This is for a maximum of 15 hours per child per week term time.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

The decisions about now much and the type of support your child receives will follow discussions with you the parents and after observations and assessments that I undertake. Also, where appropriate the 2 year old progress check. If further advice is required I will, with permission seek advice from my PACEY coordinator.

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

You the parent know your child better than anyone and you will always be involved in the care and development of your child. Within your child’s ‘Learning and development’ journal, I ask you to add your comments and ideas, and through your child’s ‘communication book’ and daily discussions, your input and ideas will help to plan activities to extend your child’s individual interests.

Back to top