Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Farnborough College of Technology - SEND Employability Hub

SEND Employability Hubs provide young people with education, skills, training and personal development, as well as work experience placements, and supported internships. The type of pathway is based on their individual needs and aspirations. The hubs also provide opportunities for young people to access other educational opportunities within colleges (find out more about SEND Employability Hubs here)

At Farnborough College of Technology, the Employability Hub is offered as an extra layer of support for students which runs alongside their mainstream course.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Mel Overton
HCC SEND Employability Hubs

Where to go

Farnborough College of Technology
Boundary Road
GU14 6SB

Time / Date Details

Time of day
Session Information
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm

Local Offer

Local Offer
Contact Name
Mel Overton
Contact Email
What does your service do?

SEND Employability Hubs bring together workplace and non-workplace learning to develop and deliver a flexible programme focusing on the elements young people with SEND need to gain independence and skills which maximises progression into sustained employment and independence to transform the life chances of young people with SEND.

Core elements of the programme include:

  • Education, skills and personal development support, in line with the pathways of ‘Preparing for Adulthood’ framework from the Department for Education (Employment, Independent Living, Community Inclusion and Health).‚Äč
  • Opportunities to engage with employers and gain experience in the workplace through work experience, work placements and Supported Internships.
  • Progression pathways into Paid Employment or Supported Apprenticeship
Who does your service provide for?

Young people who:

  • live in Hampshire
  • have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
  • are leaving statutory education in the summer (moving into year 12)
  • are enthusiastic and ambitious about a future job
How can I start using the service?

If you are a young person interested in joining the Employability Hub you can discuss this at your next EHCP review, contact your SEN caseworker or contact the Hub directly.

How are decisions made about who can use your service?

Places will be agreed between Hampshire County Council and the respective college. To discuss joining one of the SEND Employability Hubs, speak to your SEN caseworker and/or discuss options at your next annual review. Alternatively, contact the college directly to have an initial conversation.

If you are unsure of your eligibility or want to discuss your EHCP, contact the SEN helpline on 01329 316165.

Back to top