Family Information and Services Hub
Local Offer

Wyatt Elizabeth Ann - Childminder - 113322

Offering services to:
  • Children 0-5
  • Secondary school aged children
  • Primary school aged children
Carescheme type:
  • Childminder

Who to contact

01329 823613 01329 823613

Where to go



View PO13 on a map


Age Ranges
0 to 5 years
5 to 8 years

Inclusion Information

Special Needs provision
Special Needs Experience
Hearing Difficulties

Childcare Information

Funded Places

Offers 3 & 4 year old funded places
Offers 2 year old funded places

Opening Times & Facilities

Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 07:00 18:00
Tuesday 07:00 18:00
Wednesday 07:00 18:00
Thursday 07:00 18:00
Friday 07:00 18:00
Messy Play Area
Sleeping Area
Outdoor Play

School Pickups

Does offer school pickups

Bedenham Primary School

Local Offer

How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

I work closely with all the children within my setting, liaising with and involving the parents/carers continually. I support the children by working closely with any other professionals involved in their care. I focus on the child's strengths, building on these to boost their self-esteem and self-confidence. I will assist you to support your child with on-going assessments and development.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

I use the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum as a guide for each child's development. All planning is based around the child's own strengths and needs, using observations as a starting point to assess their own level. All planning is individually tailored to the child's developmental needs, rather than their age, a unique person in their own right. Observations will be carried out and an assessments made to highlight areas of development that may need to be focused on. Further planning will be developed to address these areas of learning.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

Every child has their own individual needs and to cater for this, observing them during play I evaluate these in order to take their learning forward. Any concerns are shared and discussed with parents/carers on a regular basis. If a child is not making progress I can access further support from Propects,the local authority and other professionals. Where English is not the child's first language I can work with my co-ordinator to access resources to support the child in my setting. This can include audio visual equipment, books and posters different languages.

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

I am responsible for ensuring your child is safe and secure; both emotionally and physically throughout the transition from home-based care to pre-school and later to full time education. I maintain an inclusive service and I risk assess continually throughout the day. I am paediatric first aid trained. I and other adults in the household are Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) or Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked. I am trained to level 3 standard in safeguarding which is updated regularly. My policies including Safeguarding, Special Needs and Equal Opportunities/Inclusion are reviewed annually or following training where appropriate. I do not use photographic devices unless parents/carers have given their consent.

What specialist services and expertise are avaliable at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

Can access further expertise from Prospects, the local authority or seek advice from other specific professionals. I follow professional advice to assist with progress specifically for your child. I can access advice and information from Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) or from other specific professionals.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

Training is undertaken regularly to ensure necessary knowledge and to enhance my professional development as the need arises. I am always happy to work closely with parents/carers and outside agencies to learn specific skills to support children with additional needs. I have completed the level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce.

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

As a Childminder I have an inclusive service and this is naturally extended to all activities both indoors, outside or on outings. Before undertaking excursions I would seek your advice as you will have the most up-to-date and relevant knowledge and information concerning your child's needs and requirements. All trips are risk assessed, taking into consideration all children in my care. Excursions would be planned with your child's needs accounted for. My inclusion policy is always put into practice.

How accessible is the setting/school/college enviroment?

I work from home in a terraced house. I have access through the front door which has a step and also a step at the rear of the property to enter the garden. I have no wheelchair access. The ground floor of my house, which is all on one level, is used for childminding and I have downstairs toilet facilities. The garden is also all on one level.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

I have an admissions/settling-in policy which I follow for all new children attending my setting. This gives an opportunity for parents/carers to meet me, which in time will help settle the child. For children moving onto a new early years setting or school, transitions are supported in the same way.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

In my setting I can provide Government funded early year's education places for eligible 2 year olds and also all 3 and 4 year olds. This is a maximum of 15 hours per term week. Additional funding can be claimed for children with special educational needs. I will work with the family to identify and obtain other specialist equipment where required; linking in with other professionals.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

The decision is made about how much and the support your child receives following discussions with you, the parent/carer, and after observations and assessments that I undertake. Also, where appropriate, the 2 year old check and half yearly evaluations, for children who have not started school yet. If further advice is required I will, with permission, seek advice from Prospects,, other professionals and agencies.

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

Parents/carers will be continually consulted. As parents/carers you will be up to date with your own child's progress and care. You will also have a daily diary which is for written 2-way communication between yourself and me. Joint working with parents is always mutually beneficial, especially for your child.

Offering services to:
  • Children 0-5
  • Secondary school aged children
  • Primary school aged children
Carescheme type:
  • Childminder


Remove from shortlist

Last Updated: 21 February 2024

Go back to top