Curious Explorers Day Nursery Crookham Village
Curious Explorers Day Nursery Crookham Village is located in the heart of Crookham Village and backs onto a farmers field.
The nursery cares for children from 3 months old up to 5 years old.
It is a lovely setting with light rooms that all has access to our large garden where children can play and grow their own fruit and vegetables.
We offer Forest School sessions for all ages.
All of the children have the chance to move around the nursery's rooms freely to learn new things in a safe and fun way.
Staff ensure children's social, personal and communication skills are developed via the nursery's many fun activities and child-led play opportunities.
The nursery has highly qualified, caring staff, looking after children between the ages of birth and five years of age.
All children are able to develop their full potential at their own pace.
Children can eat healthy, well-balanced and delicious food prepared at the nursery.
An online learning journal tracks each child’s progress and can be accessed by parents and carers.
An online care journal keeps you updated about your child's care through out the day.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Alicia Lesch
- Contact Position
Where to go
- Curious Explorers Day Nursery Crookham Village
- Sensory adaptations, Sensory area, Accessible changing, Physical adaptations, Secure environment, Wheelchair access, Low stimulus, Accessible toilets, Disabled parking
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £66 per day £8 per hour
- Please contact the Nursery for more information about our fee structure.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Open Monday to Friday 7am - 6pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
7am - 6pm
8am - 6pm
7am - 5pm
9am - 3pm
8am - 1pm
1pm - 6pm
- Contact Name
- Alicia Lesch
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?
We use Tapestry to track children on the 7 learning areas according to the EYFS.
In some cases we use an Ann Locke form to identify the gaps more clearly.
- What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?
Additional support for each child's well being is provided according to their needs. This ensures all children's needs are met at all times.
- What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?
We are able to request support from:
The Local Authority
Speech and Language Service
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?
Manager Behaviour Training
Functional Behaviour Training
- How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?
All children are included in all our activities like Forest School, local visits to the library, town, park and pond.
We have buggies for those who are unable to walk/walk far.
- How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?
The setting has ground floor access to our Toddler and Preschool Room without any obstructions.
- How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?
We support all children in getting them ready for school. We have a school readiness programme we follow.
We support parents in applying for Special Educational Schools and organise meetings with the teachers of their chosen school to ensure a smooth transition to school.
- How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?
Resources are allocated on a needs basis, in conjunction with the local authority's financial support.
- How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?
Through the support of the Local Authority we are able to access additional funding to ensure children are allocated additional support during their time with us.
- How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?
Parents are very involved in our setting.
All parents have the opportunity to meet with their child's key worker and any other staff member as much as they need to.
We have three parent evening a year, however more are always available if needed.