Vinall, Gillian Elizabeth
Who to contact
- 02381 783516
Where to go
- Sensory area, Accessible changing, Secure environment, Accessible toilets
- Contact provider for vacancy details?
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- When is childcare available
- All Year
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 07:30 17:30 Tuesday 07:30 17:30 Wednesday 07:30 17:30 Thursday 07:30 17:30 Friday 07:30 17:30
- Ofsted Inspection Report
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Latest Inspection Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 02/03/2020 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Age Ranges
- 5 to 8 years, 0 to 5 years
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
45 Weeks or More Per Year
5 Days or More Per Week
All year round
Weekday All Day
- How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?
As a Registered Childminder, I provide a home from home setting. I aim to provide a happy, safe and secure environment to look after and nurture the children in my care.
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?
I undertake regular, ongoing observations and from this I plan around a child’s interests and identified next steps.
- How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?
I subscribe to the Babysdays software programme where I regularly log a child’s progress under all the 7 areas of development.
- What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?
I have a range of policies and permissions such as risk assessment, health and safety, behaviour policy to ensure you child’s well-being.
- What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?
• I have a network of support from other local Childminders • I run a Childminding support group at the Lanterns Children’s Centre, Winchester • I am a member of PACEY
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?
• I undertake regular training to enhance my professional development • I have up-to-date paediatric first aid, Level 4 safeguarding and Level 3 childcare qualification • I have completed a course on ‘Introduction to Sign Language’ and also schema training • I am happy to work with parents/carers and other agencies to develop my knowledge as specific needs arise.
- How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?
>I will include each child in the trips out that I plan and will where needed review my risk assessments for each trip.
- How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?
I live in a house in Chandlers Ford. I have a step to the front door of my house and a step out to my secure, enclosed rear garden, both of which could be adapted if necessary. I have a downstairs toilet.
- How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?
I arrange settling in sessions to meet the needs of the child and parent which are reviewed and adapted as necessary to ensure a smooth settling in transition.
- How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?
I provide Government funded early years education places for eligible 2 year olds and all 3-4 year olds. Additional funding may be able to be claimed for children with SEND.
- How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?
I am happy to work and liaise with parents/carers and other relevant health professionals to provide support that is appropriate for each child.
- How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?
I have a working with parent’s policy and encourage feedback from parents/carers. I also provide information about the places we visit and things we have done via learning journeys and verbally on handover.