NVQ3 Childcare Learning & Development
Who to contact
- 01256 479115
Where to go
- Accessible changing, Secure environment, Accessible toilets, Disabled parking
- Contact provider for vacancy details?
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- Offers pickups
Rucstall Primary School
Fairfields Primary School
- Ofsted Inspection Report
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Latest Inspection Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 17/12/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Has Provision
- Experience with
- Caters for children with special needs.
- Age Ranges
- 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 0 to 5 years
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
45 Weeks or More Per Year
5 Days or More Per Week
All year round
Weekday All Day
- How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?
I work alone and give continuous care to support the child. I help build confidence & self esteem. I do learning journals/diaries for each child that the child takes home each day and parents can also leave feedback. I do an All about me report when the children 1st start & then we discuss to know their development level.
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?
I am a child led childminder & learn around the children's interests. I work along with the EYFS 2014, Each child is a unique person. I allow them to explore and investigate with support & safety. I can provide one 2 one. I do observations & highlight this in journey/diaries.
- How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?
Each child has individual care & needs. I do observations when they play, write these in diaries/journey. If a child is not making progress I will look for support & seek advice & speak to parents. If English is not their language I will ask for help.
- What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?
* I am responsible for keeping a child safe& secure both emotionally & physically. * I maintain an inclusion service. * I do risk assessments before each session. * I am First Aid trained, have a DBS, level 3 NVQ, level 3 safeguarding, child protection. * I only use photos for observations & they are put in diaries/journey.
- What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?
have a daughter with a speech problem (Dyspraxia) she is now 14yrs. My mum is in a wheelchair all my life I always help her. I have been working with pacey on short breaks with disabled children. Also signed in with SPACE.
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?
Training when available to help me keep up to date and enhance my professional development. I am happy to work closely with parents & learn specific skills to support children. I have 1st aid and NVQ3 in children's learning & development & level 3 safeguarding.
- How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?
I always welcome parents feedback & they are always welcome to come on outings or toddler groups with me. I use buggies when out & about, reins if walking. I carry out risk assessment before going out and I take note of dietary needs.
- How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?
I work from my semi in Basingstoke with my husband and 2 children. I have a step to get in my front door but am able to use wheelchair on it and around my home. I have a downstairs toilet. Garden has upper & lower patio.
- How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?
I ask parents to bring children to meet me & have try days before contract starts. I also do this with primary school children. I get child to bring a comfort or toy with them for a few days to help settle them.
- How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?
I provide government funding for early years and 2 3 4 yr olds.
- How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?
I will observe & make discussions if a child needs extra support. I do a 2yr development progress check & would also see health visitor if needed.
- How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?
Parents will be consulted with most days with updates plus diary/journey. We discuss next steps & work together. I have a working with parents policy.