Explore Learning Basingstoke
Providing a personalised approach to Maths and English. Mapped to the National Curriculum, tuition is tailored to each child’s strength and areas of development to support and stretch their learning.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Explore Learning Basingstoke
- RG24 8BQ
- Age Ranges
- 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
- What does your service do?
- Maths & English tuition Explore Learning tuition is the best possible complement to your child’s education. We believe that every child has the capacity to be amazing. We’re here to ensure that every one of our members reach their potential, both in school and beyond. Your child is an individual, that’s why our courses are different for every child. There’s no ‘one size fits all’, no magic approach, we just work hard to ensure that we get to know your child and support their growth from the second they step through the door. Whether that’s stretching and challenging or consolidating core skills, your child will work at a level and pace that’s right for them. No top or bottom groups, no needing to rush to finish or wait for others to catch up; only individual interactions with tutors whose primary aim is to help your child to be more confident, engaged and happy. Whatever the stage of your child’s learning, we’re here to provide you with tuition that really makes a difference. Our tailored approach allows us to support children of all abilities whether gifted and talented, looking for a confidence boost or those with special educational needs.
- Who does your service provide for?
- At Explore Learning we get to know all our members as individuals and tailor our curriculum and environment in order to enable each child to progress and succeed academically in their own way. This process is no different for our many members with a diagnosed or suspected Special Educational Need to consider in their learning process. Explore Learning is an environment where every child can thrive – call your nearest centre to discuss your child’s individual needs with a tutor.
- How can I start using the service?
- OurContact us to find out more and to book your free trial. Pop into the centre, call us or book online.
- Where is it located and what areas does it cover?
- Explore Learning Basingstoke can be found in Chineham Shopping centre, just a few doors along from the library. There is extensive onsite parking (the closest to the centre is the south car park) and the centre can also be easily reached by bus. The location is convenient for families to come and do their shopping whilst their child is having their session, or close by to a park if you’d prefer a walk in the outdoors!
- How are decisions made about who can use your service?
- During your free trial session, we will meet with you and your child to assess your child’s individual needs and discuss how we can support them.
- How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making?
- Parents are involved in setting goals for their children with the centre in the initial assessments and these are then reviewed in 8-12 weekly parent meeting, where the child’s progress discussed. Parents also receive feedback at the end of each individual session.
- Is your service fully accessible?
- Please call the centre to discuss your child’s needs.
- What training are the staff supporting children and young people with SEN and Disabilities had or are having?
- All staff go through compulsory SEN training.
- How will I know my child is safe?
- Explore Learning are OFSTED registered.
- Who can I contact for further information?
- Contact us on the phone, via the website or pop in to the centre to see us.