Loddon Social Enterprise Ltd
Loddon provides a secure managed workshop environment that enables Service Users the training in basic assembling tasks, the understanding of working disciplines, time keeping, team work, communication and social skills.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Loddon Social Enterprise Ltd
Unit 9 & 10 & E1, Brunswick Place,
- RG21 3NN
- Age Ranges
- 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
- What does your service do?
- Loddon Social Enterprise is a unique service to Basingstoke which provides a safe and secure building with all the facilities you would expect in a workplace. Our aim is to provide different types of work to prepare our Service Users with the skills required to move on to secure a place in main stream employment should they so desire. We offer basic tasks such as assembling picture frame corners and boxes from flat packed, filling envelopes with monthly statements, connecting washers to small car components. This gives our Service Users an understanding of working disciplines, time keeping, working in teams, communication and social skills. We have acquired premises next door and we offer basic cooking skills, arts and craft sessions and seasonal gardening projects.
- Who does your service provide for?
- Loddon Social Enterprise supports adults 18 years and over who have a diagnosed Learning Disability. The majority of our Service Users are self sufficient however, We also welcome Service Users who would need to bring additional support. All applicants will be considered on a referral from the Service User’s Care Manager
- How can I start using the service?
- OurLoddon Social Enterprise need a referral from the applicant’s Care Manager to secure a place at Loddon. If the applicant does not have a Care Manager it is best to contact the Local Disability Team first. Our opening times are 9am – 4pm Monday to Thursday and Friday’s 9am - 1.45pm. Our Workshop is open 51 weeks a year excluding Bank Holiday’s. Our Monday to Thursday rate is £48 per day plus VAT and £40 plus VAT on a Friday. Direct Payments are welcomed and we would Invoice the applicant at the end of each month. Currently we have no waiting list and we also welcome visits from applicants and their parents or carers.
- Where is it located and what areas does it cover?
- Loddon Social Enterprise is located within the Cranbourne area of Basingstoke. Our service covers Basingstoke and surrounding areas subject to travel arrangements. We have good links with public transport and are easily accessible.
- How are decisions made about who can use your service?
- Loddon Social Enterprise base their decisions on the applicant’s referral from their Care Manager. All these decisions are made considering the safety of our current Service Users and staff.
- How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making?
- Loddon communicate verbally to the majority of our Service Users. However, we also make use of the Service User’s communication book or their IPAD if needed. This could also be used if the applicant’s first language is not English (so far we have not had any language issues). Regular letters are also sent home to parents/carers prior to events happening or information needed ie Annual Information sheet. We have a leaflet for new prospective applicants and you can also visit our website [http://www.loddonse.co.uk here]. Service Users are given the choice of different types of work which they prefer completing for the day. From the Care Manager’s referral form for new applicants or Re-Assessments our aim is to identify where we can meet the relevant objectives in our setting.
- Is your service fully accessible?
- Loddon Social Enterprise Workshop is fully wheelchair accessible (including fire exits) .We do have toilet facilities which are also accessible for wheelchair users although we do not have any changing rooms or showers. Signs are clearly marked around our premises. We identify each Service Users needs and have a clear understanding of their individual abilities which will be regularly monitored and updated with their Individual Personal Plan. We can help you and your family with arranging a visit to our Workshop to ensure that you are satisfied with the facilities we offer to suit your needs.
- What training are the staff supporting children and young people with SEN and Disabilities had or are having?
- Loddon Social Enterprise staff are all First Aid Trained. The Manager has a City and Guilds Level 2 Induction Award in Supporting people with a Learning Disability and has Safeguarding training which in return has been passed on to other members of staff. We also have one member of staff who has completed a Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering to accommodate our basic cooking that we offer.
- How will I know my child is safe?
- Loddon Social Enterprise provides a safe and secure building at all times. We have one main entrance (plus a further 2 fire exits) and all visitors can be easily monitored upon entering the premises. All current members of staff are CRB checked. New staff will conduct a DBS check. We have at least 3 members of staff each working day with an additional staff member to carry out cookery sessions. The Manager is on site at all times and holiday leave would be covered by a deputy. We are at all times workshop based and never leave the premises unless in case of a emergency. All Service Users have risk assessments carried out when they start at Loddon and are made fully aware of Health and Safety Policies. They are given a copy of this to take home to parents or carers. Any concerns/issues raised by Service Users are passed on directly to carers or parents to prevent the situation escalating. Safe Guarding issues are passed directly to Adult Services.
- Who can I contact for further information?
- Please contact Mrs Cathy Marshall on 01256 352058 if you would like more information about Loddon Social Enterprise. Please leave a message if our Workshop is closed and we will return your call promptly. As mentioned before a referral from the applicant’s Care Manager is necessary to secure a place at Loddon Social Enterprise Ltd