Young Carer Support
We support children between the ages of 7 to 18 years with a caring responsibility for a family member within the New Forest area. We endeavour to eliminate the stigma attached to being a carer and remove the barriers to accessing support, thus enhancing quality of life for both the young carer and the person they care for. We deliver the following services:
- Activities - We offer the opportunity for young carers to get together in a group setting with other young people who have similar issues, join in activities, share common experiences and socialise.
- Tailored support offered within the school. This enables young carers to take full advantage of opportunities for educational achievement and is delivered through group and/or one to one sessions.
- Family Support - support and signposting to other agencies.
We aim to:
- Enable more Young Carers to access appropriate support by improving communities awareness and knowledge of this vulnerable group of children.
- Equip Young Carers with an increased knowledge and confidence that enables them to achieve their full potential educationally.
- Improve emotional and physical health and well-being in Young Carers
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Marie Shotbolt
- 01425 482773
Where to go
We are a peripatetic service covering the whole of the New Forest District
- £140 per a day or £20 per an hour for services