Family Information and Services Hub
Local Offer

Branson Hazel - Childminder - 110858

Offering services to:
  • Children 0-5
  • Children 11-16
  • Children 4-11
Supporting people with:
  • Activities for children and young people
Carescheme type:
  • Childminder

I provide a very friendly home atmosphere for the children. I go to lots of groups and we go on regular outings.

Who to contact

02392 612536 02392 612536

Where to go



View PO13 on a map


Age group - 0 - 5: 4 per hour. Age group - Costs 5-12: 4 per hour


Age Ranges
5 to 8 years
0 to 5 years

Childcare Information

Funded Places

Offers 3 & 4 year old funded places
Offers 2 year old funded places

Opening Times & Facilities

Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 07:00 17:00
Tuesday 07:00 17:00
Wednesday 07:00 18:00
Thursday 07:00 18:00
Friday 07:00 12:30
Messy Play Area
Sleeping Area
Outdoor Play

Local Offer

How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

I work closely with all the children in my service. As I work alone I give continuous care to support your child, helping them to feel secure, emotionally and physically and also to build their confidence and self esteem. I share each childs learning journals with their parents or carers and communicate regularly and answer any questions. Each child will receive a (all about me form) when they start my service, which focuses on their home life, interests and language and areas for development, which help me identify the types of activities or support to be provided.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

I use Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum as a guide for each childs development. All curriculum planning is based around the childs own strengths and needs, using observations as a starting point to assess what they can do. The planning for each session is child lead, so that their learning is built around their learning interests and tailored towards your Childs development needs rather than their age. Children can explore and investigate confidently in my service-both indoors and out in the garden and on excursions away from my setting.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

As a parent/carer you will be kept informed continually about your childs progress and achievements. This is achieved through daily discussions, daily diaries and their individual folders containing continual observations and assessments which I use to inform their planning. Any concerns are shared and discussed with parents/carers and if a child is not making progress, I can access further support from my Professional Association of Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) co-ordinator, the local authority will seek advice from other professionals. My service has a range of resources which your child can access which are age related or support the development stages. I also share and borrow other resources from other childminders.

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

I am responsible for ensuring your child is safe and secure; both emotionally and physically throughout the transition from home-based care to pre-school and later to full time education. I maintain an all inclusive service. My provision is risk assessed before each session for safety. The children help to check for broken toys at the end of sessions. House rules made by the children are put in place as required. I am trained in First Aid, which I retake every three years. All medication is secured in a safe place. A record book is kept of all medications held and dosage, time of administration is recorded and signed by the parent. I and any other adults in the house over the age of 16 are Disclosure and Barring checked. I have undertaken level 3 safeguarding training and again is renewed every 3 years. I have full range of policies including safeguarding/child protection, inclusion, risk assessments, sickness and accident and Health and safety. All my policies reviewed annually or following training where appropriate. Written permission is sought for outings and use of cameras when you join my service.

What specialist services and expertise are avaliable at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

follow professional advice to assist with progress, specifically for your child. I can access further expertise from my professional association of childcare and early years (PACEY) co-ordinator, the local authority will seek advice from other professional. I can access advice from special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO) also from PACEY co-ordinator. I have a good network of childminding colleagues who have a wealth of experience and expertise amongst them.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

Training is undertaken regularly to ensure necessary knowledge and to enhance my professional development as the need arises. I am always happy to work closely with parents, cares and outside agencies to learn specific skills to support children with additional needs. I am first aid trained, have a level 3 childcare qualification and have trained at level 3 safeguarding.

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

>As a childminder I have an inclusive service, this is also extended to all activities outside too. Before going on outings I will seek parent/carer advice as you have the most up to date and relevant knowledge and information concerning your Childs needs and requirements. All outings are risk assessed taking into consideration children that are in my care. Outings are planned with your Childs needs accounted for and I will also welcome parents input and feedback.

How accessible is the setting/school/college enviroment?

I work from home in a semi-detached house located in Gosport. Access to the house is either through the front door or the side entrance. The ground floor in my house is used for childminding and there is down stairs toilet facilities. I have a large paved patio area for outside play and there is 2 small steps leading to the grassed area, the garden is secure and enclosed. I am close to local parks, shops and schools.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

Initial meetings are with both parents/carers and child, this gives us the opportunity to meet each other and get to know you both better; this creates a good environment for future discussions. Once a parent has decided they would like their child to come to my service, we then discuss a flexible settling in time table in the weeks/days leading up to their start date. Most importantly the settling in period gives your child opportunities to become familiar and comfortable with me caring for them and also for them to meet other children in my care, my family members and to feel comfortable and confident in their new surroundings. I would ask you and your child about their individual likes, dislikes, fears, needs and comforters. For children moving onto a new early years setting or school, the professionals from these services are welcome to call me to discuss your child, or to visit them here in my home, if they wish to with your written permission. With your permission the professionals can have access to your childs development folder.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

In my setting I can provide Government Funding early years education places for eligible 2 year olds and also 3 and 4 year olds. This is a maximum of 15 hours per term week. ([]) Additional funding can be claimed for children with Special Educational Needs.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

The decision on whether your child will benefit from extra support will be made following discussions with you the parent/carer and after observations and assessments that I make and also where appropriate the 2 year old check for children who have not started school yet. If further advice is required I will with your permission seek advice from my Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years co-ordinator (PACEY)

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

As parents you will be kept up to date and continually consulted with your child’s progress and care. You will also have a daily diary which is written for 2 way communication between yourself and me. Parents will be regularly asked for ideas for activities to extend their child’s individual interests through play. I will ask all parents to work with me on their child’s learning and development, and I have a Working with Parent’s policy in place.

Offering services to:
  • Children 0-5
  • Children 11-16
  • Children 4-11
Supporting people with:
  • Activities for children and young people
Carescheme type:
  • Childminder


Save to shortlist

Last Updated: 31 July 2023

Go back to top