Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Vickers, Katie Louise


Coronavirus status: OPEN

Who to contact

01962 713505

Where to go

Secure environment, Accessible toilets

Childcare Information


Contact provider for vacancy details?

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
When is childcare available
All Year
Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 08:00 18:00
Tuesday 08:00 18:00
Wednesday 08:00 18:00
Thursday 08:00 18:00
Friday 08:00 18:00

Ofsted Information

Ofsted Inspection Report
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Latest Inspection
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
10/02/2020Inspection (Early Years Register)Outstanding



Age Ranges
5 to 8 years, 0 to 5 years

Time / Date Details

Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
45 Weeks or More Per Year
5 Days or More Per Week
All year round
Weekday All Day

Local Offer

Local Offer
How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

As I work alone, the children are provided continuous care by someone who gets to know and understand their individual needs. This helps build children’s self-confidence and self-esteem. During their first visits with me, parents are given an ‘All About Me’ form to complete. This form tells me your child’s interests, comforters, strengths, and languages. When your child starts with me I then have knowledge on how I can help them settle in my setting.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

I use the Early Years Foundation Stage as a guide for each child’s development. I plan activities around childrens current interests and their individual ‘next steps’. Children have access to activities and chances to explore inside and outside. I have a garden but also plan daily trips to country parks, the zoo/ farm etc.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

Children in my setting have a daily diary which has photos and information about their day. I also talk to parents about their child’s day at pick-up time. The regular observations that I do help me keep check on children’s progress. This is discussed with parents regularly. If I have any concerns about a child’s development then I speak to parents straight away.

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

I am responsible for ensuring the overall wellbeing of your child. It is my priority that your child is safe and secure; both physically and emotionally while in my care. I have risk assessments for my home, garden and any outings. These are reviewed and updated regularly. I also have daily risk assessments which I complete before children enter my setting. I have first aid training which is renewed every three years. Any accidents/incidents are recorded and signed by myself and parents. My husband and I have had a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. Any visitors to my setting have to sign a visitors book and are not left alone with the children. I have completed my safeguarding training and have a safeguarding and behaviour policy in place. Other policies include inclusion, emergency procedure, risk assessment, lost child procedure, and sickness.

What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

am currently supporting a child who has a speech and language delay. I have experience of working with children with Autism. My sister has Asperger’s syndrome and my mother worked for 11 years supporting children with autism in schools. I gain advice from her. I am part of a good network of professional childminders who share a wealth of knowledge and expertise. I can speak to my Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator via my Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years co-ordinator. I can access further expertise through the local authority.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

I attend regular training to keep up with changes and to ensure that my professional knowledge and development is continued. I have a CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education (level 3), first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding certificates.

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

>All trips are risk assessed and I speak to parents about their child’s specific needs and requirements before going on trips. All places visited are wheelchair/buggy accessible. My Inclusion Policy is always put into practise.

How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?

I work from my home which is an end of terrace house. All childminding takes place on the ground floor. There are two steps to the downstairs toilet facilities. Not all of my doorways are wide enough for a full sized wheelchair. I have no wheelchair access. I have a secure garden area. I have a small patio area which is flat and accessible. The rest of the garden has steps and a steep slope.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

I ask that parents and their child come to my setting for visits before they start. This is so your child can get used to me and my setting while having the support of their parents. Parents can leave their child once they have settled. These visits are flexible to suit everyone. With parents permission, I will visit and discuss child development with their new Early Years setting/ school. Teachers like to do home visits and are very welcome to come for a visit in my setting too.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

I can provide the government funded early years education grant to 2, 3 and 4 year olds in my setting. This is a maximum of 15 hours per term week. Additional funding can be claimed for children with special educational needs.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

Using the observations on your child I will make a decision on whether your child will benefit from extra support. Where appropriate, I will use my two year check and termly evaluation sheets. If additional support/advice is needed, I would contact my Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years co-ordinator, with your permission.

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

Parents are continually involved and kept up to date with their child’s progress and care. Working with parents is beneficial for everyone involved. A two-way daily diary keeps me up to date with your child’s need and interests. While providing you with information and a prompt for communication between you and your child.

Back to top