Butterflies Pre-School Playgroup
Who to contact
Where to go
Village Hall, Lymington Bottom
- GU34 5AA
- Sensory area, Accessible changing, Accessible toilets
- Contact provider for vacancy details?
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- When is childcare available
- Term Times
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 08:30 15:00 Tuesday 08:30 15:00 Wednesday 08:30 15:00 Thursday 08:30 15:00 Friday 08:30 15:00
- Ofsted Inspection Report
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Latest Inspection Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 12/10/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Has Provision
- Experience with
Social development impairment
- Caters for children with special needs.
- Age group - Age range: 3.15 per hour, 9.45 per session
- Age Ranges
- 5 to 8 years, 0 to 5 years
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
5 Days or More Per Week
School Term Only
- How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?
We will provide support for your child; *By providing a safe and caring environment *By providing a stimulating range of experiences *By providing equipment and support appropriate to the individual needs of the child *The Key person and setting SENCO will be responsible for liasing with parents/carers *The Key person will be responsible for record keeping, including individual education plans (I.E.P), child profiles and tracking progress against the EYFS which will be regularly reviewed with parents/carers.
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?
The curriculum will be matched; *By reviewing how child’s I.E.P links into planned curriculum, ensuring the child’s needs can be met and that progress is being made *By ensuring the Key worker and other staff are aware of the child’s “Next Steps” *Through observations and discussions with parents/carers *By ensuring the setting, equipment and materials are appropriate to the needs of the child *By planning and reviewing
- How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?
*Regular meetings with parents/carers, Key Person and any other outside agencies involved *Through observations, record keeping, referencing the child’s progress against the EYFS *Sharing information including progress made and “next steps” *Sharing resources if appropriate *Operating an open door policy
- What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?
*Butterflies offers a safe, caring and stimulating environment *We offer opportunities for plenty of outside play *We encourage healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle *We support children to become as independent as they are able to be *We support the child’s individual needs *Policies and procedures are in place regarding health and hygiene and the administration of medicines.
- What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?
Butterflies will access and make referrals to any outside agency appropriate to the needs of the child, e.g. speech and language, portage, area inclusion officer.
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?
*Staff at Butterflies have appropriate SEND training and have had specific training in the past to meet the needs of individual children within the staff. We will endeavour to access any training that will help us to be more supportive of a child’s needs. *Staff have a broad experience of working within children with additional needs.
- How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?
>*Parents/carers views and advice are sought by the Pre-school *Outside venues are pre-visited and risk assessed *advice and support is sought from the proposed venue regarding help they may be able to provide *Extra staffing is arranged where appropriate
- How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?
*The setting is wheel chair accessible and the room is all on one level *There is a disabled toilet *Our outdoor area is partially wheelchair accessible *We have a visual timetable of our daily routine *We use makaton to support language skills *Parents/carers whose first language is not English will have information relayed by an agreed and appropriate means
- How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?
*A Pre-start visit will be arranged where a child’s needs can be discussed with parents, key person, SENCO and any other professionals involved *Butterflies will pre-arrange any special staffing or equipment needed to support the child *Butterflies will contact appropriate outside agencies where necessary. *An agreed “settling in” strategy will be decided with parents/carers *When the child leaves, transition meetings will be held with the on-going school or setting with all relevant people involved.
- How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?
*Any extra resources received are allocated and matched to the child’s needs *Through observation and discussion with parents/cares and other agencies resources are adapted or new ones sought. *Through observation and record keeping of the child’s play/involvement within the setting
- How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?
*Through discussion with parent/cares *Through discussion with key worker staff and outside agencies *Through observation of a child’s changing needs and reviewing their I.E.P *From the child’s statement if they have one
- How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?
*Parents are regularly invited to talk to their child’s key worker *Newsletters and a daily board displaying “What we did today” are available to gain information. *Parents/carers are invited in to join the setting for various activities *parents and always welcomed and valued within the setting.