Family Information and Services Hub
Local Offer

Chambers Fleur - Childminder - 111006

Offering services to:
  • Children 0-5
  • Secondary school aged children
  • Primary school aged children
Carescheme type:
  • Childminder

Who to contact

02392 269456 02392 269456

Where to go



View PO7 on a map


Age Ranges
5 to 8 years
0 to 5 years

Childcare Information

Funded Places

Offers 3 & 4 year old funded places
Offers 2 year old funded places

Local Offer

How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

As a childminder, I am the only member of staff, and will be the key person for your child, always there for them, making them feel welcome and secure and helping support them reach their full potential. I will always make time to talk with you about how your child is doing and discuss any concerns you have. When your child first starts with me, I will work with you to help them settle in, usually by having a couple of short starter sessions at my house, so they can become familiar with my setting and any other children I might be minding. I will also offer to visit your child at your home, which often helps with the settling in process. I will ask you to complete a child Information and contact form and an All About Me profile about your child’s strengths and needs, and you will be able to discuss any concerns or requirements your child may have. I will keep a Daily diary/Development progress book for your child with references to the EYFS and photos included, so you can see what your child has been doing and how they are progressing. You will be encouraged to write your own comments in the book as well, to share your child’s interests at home and any next steps for your child you would like me to focus on. I am happy to work with any other professional in supporting your child.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

Every child is individual and develops at their own rate and have their own particular needs. I will plan activities and experiences to engage your child's interests and build on the skills they have. Observations and monitoring of your child’s progress against the EYFS will help me assess and plan to help your child progress to their next steps in learning. This will be recorded in their Daily diary/Development progress book. Parents are asked to contribute to the planning by letting me know about their child's new skills or interests at home. I will make sure that the environment, routines and activities support your child’s needs.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

You will be kept informed continually about your child's progress and achievements, through talking to you at drop off/pick up times, and through your child’s daily diary/progress book , and summary assessments sheets which will help to highlight areas where your child is progressing well, and any area we need to focus on to help your child progress further. We can also arrange to meet and chat informally at a mutually convenient time. My aim is always to work in partnership with parent/carers to support their child’s learning. I am happy to suggest activities for you to do with your child at home, and welcome ideas that you have for me to help your child. If you or I have any concerns about your child, we will discuss it between us first, and then if necessary it might be appropriate to seek further advise from a relevant professionals, with your permission

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

It is important to me that your child is happy, healthy and safe in my care, both emotionally and physically. I aim to help your child progress in confidence and self-esteem. I have a Behaviour Policy, and promote positive behaviour using praise. I have simple house rules which are shared with parent and children. I have a Risk Assessment Policy, and make constant risk assessment checks of my service and any outings we do. I am first-aid trained and I re-take this every 3 years. Medication is stored as directed on the container and information is recorded by myself and signed daily by parents. I have undertaken level 4 safe-guarding, and will renew my safeguarding training every 3 years. I, my husband and my 2 adult sons have had a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check, through Ofsted. As well as the policies already mentioned, I also have many others including ones covering Safeguarding, Inclusion, Health and Safety , sickness and accident. I also carry out regular fire drills. All my policies are reviewed annually, or following training where appropriate. Written permission is sought for outings and use of cameras when your child starts with me.

What specialist services and expertise are avaliable at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

My son had speech therapy as a child, so I am familiar with the service they provide. As well as childminding, ,I also run toddler groups, and help with a Beaver scout group, and over many years have worked with children with a variety of Special Needs conditions, including Asperger ‘s Syndrome, Autism, behaviour difficulties, Down’s syndrome and a few children with physical disabilities. I’ve also been on courses that gave insight into some Special needs conditions, so I do have some understanding and experience. I am very willing to learn more, and work with you and other professionals to help your child progress, including ; speech therapists, occupational therapists, social workers, paediatricians and play school staff. I have a good network of childminding colleagues who have a wealth of experience and expertise among them. I can access advice from PACEY (Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years) and from my local ‘Prospect’ childminding co-ordinator, or from specific professionals.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

I access specific training as the need arises to ensure my professional knowledge and development is continued. I have an NVQ level 3 in Early Years Childcare and Education. I am a trained First Aider, and renew my training every 3 years. I have attended a Level 4 Safeguarding course, and renew my Safeguarding training at least every 3 years. I attend regular update evenings given to childminders to keep us informed about new regulations and advice. I have also been on a variety of childminding Early Years courses and several conferences, including ‘Ican’ (Early talk) training, Phase 1 letters and sounds, Understanding 2 year olds, Behaviour Management, and Attachment theory etc. I also keep up-to-date by reading information on Professional childcare websites, and by attending my local Childminders group, where we can discuss childcare issues, and alert each other about new advise.

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

>As a childminder I have an inclusive service and this is naturally extended to all activities outside too. I regularly take the children to Toddler/Music groups, and places such as local parks and Staunton activity farm. Before taking your child out on any trips, I will ask your advice as you have the most up-to-date and relevant knowledge and information concerning your child's needs and requirements. All trips are risk-assessed taking into consideration all children I have in my care. Excursions are planned with your child's needs accounted for. My Inclusion policy is always put into practise.

How accessible is the setting/school/college enviroment?

I work from home, which is a small semi-detached house in a quiet cul-de-sac in Purbrook, near Waterlooville. There is a step up to the front door, and a step from the back door into the garden, which also has a low step from the patio up onto the grass. I just have one toilet, which is upstairs. Unfortunately my house is not suitable for wheelchair use.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

Initially I would invite the parent/s and child to visit me at my home, so you could see my setting and we could get to know each other. It also gives you an opportunity to ask questions about the service I provide and discuss any particular needs your child might have. If you decide you would like me to childmind , we will discuss a settling-in time-table before your child’s start date, so they can adjust to being left with me and become familiar with my setting, and any other children in my care. I can also arrange a visit to your home if you wish. I will give you copies of my policies, and a contact details and permission form which will need to be filled in and signed by you. I will also ask about your child’s development, personality and particular needs. I will ask you to fill in an ‘All About Me’ form, where you can tell me what things your child does at home, family members, pets, friends, routines and favourite toys etc.. This helps me know your child better. If your child is going to transfer to a new setting/school, I will get your permission to share information about your child’s development and progress, with the new setting, to help them understand what stage your child is at. I will work closely with you and the new setting to help your child prepare for change

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

As an eligible childminder, I can provide Government funded early years education places for eligible 2 year olds and also all 3 and 4 year olds. This is a maximum of 15 hours per term week. Additional funding can be claimed for children with special educational needs. Most of the resources I have such as books, toys, games and activities are already suitable or could be adapted for use by all children, but I will work with the family to identify and obtain other specialist equipment where required; linking in with professionals.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

The decision is made about how much and the type of support your child receives following discussions with you the parent and after I make observations and assessments on your child, against what would be expected for their stage of development. Where appropriate, the 2 year old check or developmental summary sheets for the child will also help with making any decisions. If further advice is required I will, with permission, seek advice from my Professional Childminding co-ordinator from Prospect (who took over from PACEY in Hants, Spring 2015).

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

Parental involvement is always encouraged at my setting. As parents you will be kept up to date with your child's progress and care and will be continually consulted. You will also have a daily diary/progress book which is for written 2-way communication between yourself and me. The diary also contains photos which prompts communication between yourself and your child about their day in my care. Working together is always mutually beneficial, especially for your child. Sometimes I might ask parents to help by making or bringing something from home to help with a particular activity or event (eg. for a toddler party, or raising money for a sponsored walk, etc), and sometimes parents might ask me to eg. help their child make a birthday card for a relative. Parents are welcome to borrow books, activity packs etc to use with their children at home.

Offering services to:
  • Children 0-5
  • Secondary school aged children
  • Primary school aged children
Carescheme type:
  • Childminder


Remove from shortlist

Last Updated: 25 July 2023

Go back to top