Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Beth Sarah Theobald - Childminder EY347954

Where to go

RG20 5RR
Accessible changing

Childcare Information


Contact provider for vacancy details?

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
When is childcare available
Messy Play Area
Sleeping Area
Outdoor Play

School Pickups

Offers pickups
Kingsclere Church of England Primary School

Local Offer

Local Offer
How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

I give continuous care - supporting your child whilst they are away from home. This helps build confidence and positive self-esteem, helping your child to feel secure. I write a daily diary detailing the activities your child has done including emotionally and physically. I encourage parents or carers to offer comments in the diary and give me information about the child that may impact on their time here e.g if they haven’t slept well. I offer reassurance and inform the parents or carers of their child’s progress and ensure they are provided with all necessary information. When a child first starts, I use observation and information from parents/carers to establish their knowledge and learning and will plan next steps taking into consideration their likes and preferences.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

The planning for each session is ‘child led’, so that their learning is built around the children’s interests; with guidance from me for their individual next steps. I provide activities for your child to learn within the area of need. I use the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum as a guide for the children’s development ( range-of-education-and-childcare-from-birth-to-5-years/supporting-pages/early-years-foundation- stage). Your child is a unique person. I allow them to explore and investigate, in a rich environment, with support, ensuring safety and extension of experiences as well as offering fertile ground for developing potential. One-to-one support can be provided. Observations are taken

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

Every child has their own individual needs and to cater for this, I observe them during play and evaluate these in order to take their learning forward. Any concerns are shared and discussed with parents on a regular basis. If a child is not making progress, I can access further support from my Professional Association of Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) co-ordinator, the local authority or seek advice from other professionals. Where English is not a child's first language I can work with my co-ordinator to access resources to support the child in my provision. My service has a range of resources which your child can access which are age related or support the developmental stages.

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

I am responsible for ensuring your child is safe and secure; both emotionally and physically throughout the transition from home-based care to pre-school and later to full time education. I maintain an inclusive service. My provision is risk assessed before each session for safety. House rules made by the children are put in place as required. I am trained in first aid. All medication is stored in a secure place. A record book is kept of all medications held and dosage, time of administration is recorded and signed by the parent. I and any other adults in the house over 16 are Criminal Records Bureau (now DBS) checked. I have trained at level 3 safeguarding which is updated regularly. My service - policies include safeguarding/child protection, special needs and equal opportunities/inclusion. I do not use photographic devices unless all other parents and carers have given their consent.

What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

have a strong network of support from other childminders and Hampshire County Council Services for Young Children Department. I can access further expertise from my Professional Association of Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) co-ordinator, the local authority or seek advice from other professionals.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

Training is undertaken regularly to ensure necessary knowledge and to enhance my professional development as the need arises. I am always happy to work closely with parent carers and outside agencies to learn specific skills to support children with additional needs. I am first aid trained, have a level 3 childcare qualification and have trained at level 4 safeguarding.

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

>When planning any activities or outings which will involve their child, I will always welcome parents input and feedback. A risk assessment is carried out prior to the outing to ensure each child’s requirements are met.

How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?

I work from my home in a semi detached house in Kingsclere. Access through the front door has a high step and also a step at the rear of the property to enter the garden. I have no wheelchair access. The ground floor of my house is used for childminding and I have downstairs toilet facilities. I have a secure, enclosed front garden for outside play and I am close to local play parks. I do two school runs a day to Kingsclere Primary Schooll which is situated 5 minute walk from my house.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

I ask new children and families to attend settling in sessions before they start. This gives an opportunity for parents to meet me and my family, which in time will settle the child when the parents decide to leave them. For children moving on to primary school, transitions are supported in the same way. Primary school teachers come and visit your child in the home environment and are welcome to visit my provision too. Each child has the opportunity to visit their school on more than one occasion before starting.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

I provide Government funded early years education places for eligible 2 year olds and all 3 & 4 year olds - ( Additional funding can be claimed for children with special educational needs (SEN).

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

I will observe and make a decision on whether your child will benefit from extra support with the additional information from the 2 year check, when necessary. This will be discussed with my Professional Association of Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) co-ordinator and moved on from there. An Individual Education Plan will be devised for your child with your input. This is reviewed over a term to learn what impact the support has had on your child, and what should be put in to place next.

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

Parents will be consulted whenever possible and kept up to date with their child's progress and care. They are regularly asked for any ideas for activities to extend their child’s individual interests through play. I ask all parents to work with me on their children’s learning and development. I have a working with parent’s policy in place.

Back to top