Family Information and Services Hub
Local Offer

Turner Karen Elaine - Childminder - EY269613

Offering services to:
  • Children 0-5
  • Secondary school aged children
  • Primary school aged children
Carescheme type:
  • Childminder
I offer a safe, homely and stimulating environment for children from birth onwards. I have lots of experience in working with babies, young children and their families. Please visit my website for further information and my Facebook page to see what we have been getting up to recently.

Who to contact

01252674397 01252674397

Where to go



View GU51 on a map


Age Ranges
5 to 8 years
0 to 5 years

Inclusion Information

Can make special cultural provisions
Cultural and Spec. Diet. Needs

Childcare Information

Funded Places

Offers 3 & 4 year old funded places
Offers 2 year old funded places

Opening Times & Facilities

Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 07:30 18:00
Tuesday 07:30 18:00
Wednesday 07:30 18:00
Thursday 07:30 18:00
Friday 07:30 18:00
Messy Play Area
Sleeping Area
Outdoor Play

Ofsted Information

Ofsted URN
Ofsted Inspection Type
Inspection (Early Years Register)
Ofsted Inspection Date
Ofsted Inspection Outcome

Local Offer

How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

I am the Key Person for all the children in my setting so I am very familier of where each child is in terms of their development. I liaise daily with parents. I am able to liaise with any professionals that are involved in the child’s care for how best to care for them. I will help the child as much as I can to progress and move forward in their development and celebrate achievements and milestones to build on self esteem and confidence.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

I use the EYFS Early Years Outcomes to keep track on each child’s progress and development. Planning is linked to each child’s individual development and not by their age. I ensure that all children are able to access resources and equipment in my home, garden and on outings in some way.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

Information about each child’s day and progress is shared through discussions, daily diaries, photos and written observations. All concerns will be shared firstly with parents and then with parental consent I can seek further advice from my Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) Coordinator or other relevant professional. All parents are invited to an informal meeting once a term (more frequently if requested) to discuss their child’s progress and any changes that may be happening within their family that may impact on their child’s day with me. I also give out newsletters to keep families updated on recent training and any other setting news. I have many resources and equipment for different ages and stages of development. If I found I needed something different I would make enquires of how to borrow or buy it.

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

All children’s well being and safety are my concern and responsibility. I have risk assessments for the home and outings, policies for Behaviour, Inclusion, Safeguarding etc. There are house rules for children and parents. Positive behaviour and kindness is encouraged with all children. My occasional assistants and I are First Aid qualified; this is renewed every 3 years. I have Level 4 Safeguarding training and my occasional assistants have Level 3 Safeguarding training, this is renewed every 3 years. My husband, mother (both occasional assistants) and I have had a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. Written permission is sought at contract signing for outings and the taking and use of photos.

What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

have sought additional advice from a Health Care Professional in the past regarding food allergies, and liaised with Health Care Professionals to receive Epi Pen training. I have cared for children living with hearing loss, food allergies, ADHD and have experience with children who have autism. I would follow advice given by any professionals involved with the child. I can contact the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) through my Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) Coordinator and/or I am willing to find out more about any special educational need or disability from parents, professionals and official organisations.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

I would access specific training as the need arises. I have a Level 3 qualification in Children’s Care, Learning and Development and Certificate in Childminding Practice. I have a Level 4 Safeguarding, a paediatric First Aid and Food Hygiene Certificate. I have attended many training courses including: Autism, managing behaviour, EYFS, inclusion, transitions etc.

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

>I would always be seeking the most up to date information from parents about the child’s current condition. Outdoor play and trips are risk assessed. Outdoor play and trips are inclusive of all the children in my care so I would choose them with all the children in mind.

How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?

My detached home in Fleet, Hampshire is my setting. There is a step into the front and back of the house. The garden is on 2 levels. The indoor area is on one level and there is a toilet downstairs. My porch and doorways are not wide enough for a wheelchair.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

I have an admissions/settling-in policy which I follow for all new children attending my setting. Initial meetings are usually with parent/s where we discuss the child’s individual likes, dislikes, fears, needs and comforters, practicalities in terms of days, hours and expectations on both sides. If parents are happy with what I can offer them a second visit with the child is arranged. This gives us the opportunity to meet each other and get to know you both better, creating a good environment for future discussions. An evening date is then made for parents to come and sign contracts and permission forms, parents are given copies of all my policies. Once a parent has decided they would like their child to come to my service, we arrange settling in visits with the parent leading up to their start date. Settling in visits will give the child an opportunity to become familiar and comfortable with me and also for them to meet other children in my care, family members and to feel comfortable and confident in their new surroundings. For children moving onto a new early years setting or school the professionals from these services are welcome to call me to discuss your child, or to visit them here in my home, if they wish to; with your written permission the professionals can have access to your child's development folder.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

In my service I can provide Government funded early years education places for eligible 2 year olds and also all 3 and 4 year olds. This is a maximum of 15 hours per term week. Additional funding can be claimed for children with special educational needs. I will work with the family to identify and obtain other specialist equipment where required; linking in with professionals.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

The decision is made about how much and the type of support your child receives following discussions with parents and after observations and assessments that I undertake. Also, where appropriate, the 2 year old check and end of term written evaluations, for children who have not started school yet. If further advice is required I will, with permission, seek advice from my Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) co-ordinator.

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

Parents will be continually consulted. As parents you will be kept up to date with your child's progress and care. The daily diary from the Learning Journey is emailed to parents daily with any photos taken that day. The Learning Journey goes home weekly and I really encourage parents to make notes in it. It is always lovely when parents or children bring photos in to show everyone what they have been doing at home to add to the Learning Journey and makes a great talking point for all the children. In each newsletter parents are encouraged to let me know of any new outings, activities or meals they think the children may enjoy or they are welcome to ask me for ideas. Joint working with parents is always mutually beneficial- especially for your child.

Offering services to:
  • Children 0-5
  • Secondary school aged children
  • Primary school aged children
Carescheme type:
  • Childminder


Save to shortlist

Last Updated: 25 July 2023

Go back to top