Caterpillars Montessori Nursery School
We are a Montessori preschool which follows the Montessori ethos alongside the EYFS. We offer a varied timetable of extra ciriculum activites such as languages, sports, yoga and ballet.
Who to contact
Where to go
WEST GREEN ROAD,HARTLEY WINTNEY
- RG27 8RE
- Immediate vacancies
- Contact provider for vacancy details?
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- When is childcare available
- Term Times
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 09:00 15:30 Tuesday 09:00 15:30 Wednesday 09:00 15:30 Thursday 09:00 15:30 Friday 09:00 12:30
Visit & Outings
Messy Play Area
- Ofsted Inspection Report
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Latest Inspection Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 05/06/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Experience with
ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Serious allergy / Anaphilaxis
Autistic Spectrum Disorder ASD
- Caters for children with special needs. Challenging behaviour,Developmental delay,English as additional language,Hearing difficulties,Medical difficulties,Physical difficulties,Soc. Interaction Difficulties,Speech and lang. difficulties,Visual difficulties
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Cultural and Spec. Diet. Needs,Relig. and Cultural Awareness
- Age group - 2: 10 per hour, 30 per session, 57.5 per day. Age group - 0 - 5: 6 per hour. Age group - Costs age 3 - 5: 7.5 per hour, 22.5 per session, 42 per day
We value the abilities and achievements of all individual children.
We offer SEND provision for a variety of needs at Caterpillars (staff ratios permitting).
Staff have experience with ASC, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, Speech disorders, behavioural difficulties along with many more.
We use the graduated, step by step approach where increasing levels of support are given if necessary.
We are able to assist with EHCP applications.
- Contact Name
- Angela Pagett
- Contact Telephone
- 01252 844706/07900 993828
- Contact Email
- How does the setting/school/college know if children/young people need extra help and what should I do if I think my child/young person may have special educational needs?
We acknowledge if a child needs extra support from the background information provided by parents/carers and also previous setting if applicable. We will ask parents for copies of reports from health visitors, GP's, paediatricians and any other professional involved with your childs care.
If you think you child may have SEN, please arrange for a meeting with ur SENCO to discuss how we can help to support your child.
- How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?
We will support your child according to their individual needs. We will arrange a meeting with parents/carers in the firs instance to put together an IEP to support your child. We may need to gather evidence and observations of your child and we may need to involve outside professionals/agencies to get the best support for your child.
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?
As a Montessori setting, we plan for each individual child according to their current interests and strengths. We ensure children have full access to each area of the curriculum to ensure they are processing to the best of their ability.
- How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?
We will assess and review your childs development on grinningly and our tracking system will monitor the progress within the EYFS. We hold regular meetings with our parents of SEN children.
- What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?
At Caterpillar childrens emotional well being is at the centre of our ethos. We have a holistic approach with will support your childs mentaller well being.
- What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?
We have highly experienced staff and we have knowledge of many SEN's in early years and beyond. We have access to services via Hampshire and other outside agencies, both throught he NHS and private.
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?
Our staff are regularly updating their skills and knowledge via in-house training and training though external providers.
- How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?
All children are included in all activities. On occasion we may ask for additional support for activities.
- How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?
The pre-school is easily accessed via the main road through Hartley Wintney. We have a large car park with several accessible parking spaces. There is a ramp into the building and a ramp into our hall.
- How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?
We will gather as much information as possible from parents and other professionals involved with your child to ensure the transition to pre-school is as smooth as possible, and that we have things in place ready to support your child.
- How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?
Again, by discussing needs and developmental stages with parents/carers, we can allocate resources accordingly.
- How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?
We hold regular meetings with parents to discuss progress and changing needs of the child. We invite parents to be involved in the IEP in order to facilitate their childs needs.