Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Atkinson, Tracy Louise


I live in South Wonston, which is a small village just outside Winchester. It has good access to the A34 and M3 to Southampton and Basingstoke. Also links to Andover. My family includes my husband, two children and our cats. 

I offer home from home childcare and provide a nurturing environment for children to grow and learn. I provide a flexible childcare option for children aged 6months to 10 years.

Who to contact

01962 882778

Where to go


Childcare Information


Contact provider for vacancy details?

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
When is childcare available
All Year
Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 07:30 18:00
Tuesday 07:30 18:00
Wednesday 07:30 18:00
Thursday 07:30 18:00
Friday 07:30 18:00

School Pickups

Offers pickups
South Wonston Primary School

Ofsted Information

Ofsted Inspection Report
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Latest Inspection
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
24/04/2019Inspection (Early Years Register)Good



Age Ranges
5 to 8 years, 0 to 5 years

Time / Date Details

Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
45 Weeks or More Per Year
5 Days or More Per Week
All year round
Weekday All Day

Local Offer

Local Offer
How does the setting/school/college know if children/young people need extra help and what should I do if I think my child/young person may have special educational needs?

Through my professional qualification and knowledge of children's development I am aware of any areas which may requires some extra help. I have experience in working with children who have special educational needs. I work with a range of child care professionals and will be able to offer parents/children support if required. I will offer guidance with parents permission to contact the correct agencies for your child's needs. 

How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

I work closely with all my children and build a relationship with them.  I involve parents in their child's development. As I childminder I work alone, but also work closely with other professionals who may be involved with any child in my care so I ensure that the right support is given. I have links with the local school, nursey and children's centre. By providing home based childcare I can help your child build self confidence and positive self-esteem, helping to make your child feel secure both emotionally and physically. I focus on your child's strength and interests, using areas to identify activities to support learning and development. 

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

I use the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) as a guide for each child's development. Curriculum planning is based around your child's own strengths and needs. All activities are individually tailored to your child's developmental needs, rather than their age. Activities are 'Child led' built around children's interest with my guidance to help children meet their individual next steps. Activities in home environment together with trips away from the setting allowing your child to explore and investigate a rich environment. 

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

As a parent you will be kept informed of your child's progress. This is achieved through daily discussion and through your child's developmental journal. Any concerns regarding progress and development are shared and discussed with parents on a regular basis. For children who are not making progress in their development I can access support by contacting my Professional Association of Childcare and Early Years.(PACEY) co-ordinator, the local authority or seek advice for other professionals. Where English is not your child's first language I can work with my co-ordinator  to access resources to support the child in my provision. My childminding service has a wide range of resources which your child can access which are age related and support the developmental stages and interest of children. 

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

As I childminder and a lone worker I am fully responsible for the well-being and safety of your child in my care. I take children's safety and security seriously with a wide number of policies and procedures in place to ensure this. I have a health and safety policy which includes procedure for reducing and eliminating risk of harm. This includes daily safety checks and full risk assessments. All my household have been CRB checked.

I am first aid trained and have level 3 in safeguarding training. I have procedures for emergencies such as fire, missing child and non-collected child, and accidents. A medical policy ensures that all medicines are kept out of the reach of children and a detailed record is kept of any administration of medicines. 


What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

i have worked with a range of professionals for children in my care, including health visitors, speech therapist, paediatricians and physiotherapist. I have a support of childminders around me with a wealth of experience and knowledge. I can access support from my childminding co-ordinator.  

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

I update my training regular to ensure current practice. I  have knowledge of Makaton sign language. I have worked with children on the Autistic spectrum. I currently look after a little boy with Spinal Muscular Atrophy .

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

My setting is inclusive and this extends to the outside environment where I have ramps to access the different levels of my garden.  I plan outings according to the children  in my care and look for appropriate facilities required. A risk assessment is undertaken before hand.

How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?

I work from my home which is a linked detached bungalow. I have access through the back garden for a wheelchair/ pushchair. The playroom and facilities are located on the ground floor. I have ramps in the garden to access the different levels. 

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

I have an admission/settling-in-policy,  which I follow for all new children joining my setting.  An initial meeting is set up with prospective parents to meet each other and discuss your child's individual childcare needs. Once a parent has decided to use my care then an additional meeting is set up to complete a contract and permission forms to sign. An 'All about me questionnaire is complete  to help with transition to my setting.  Then some settling sessions with be arranged depending on the individual child. When children move on to school or nursey I will support the transition to the new environment.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

I provide Government funded early years educational places for eligible 2 year olds  and all 3 and 4 year olds. Additional funding can be claimed for children with Special Educational Needs (SEN). As with all children resources are secured and used to support each child's development. Toys and equipment can also borrowed from central resource. Any additional purchase of specialised equipment would be done with consultation with the parents.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

The decision about what type and how much support your child receives will follow discussion with you the parents and after observation and assessments that I have undertaken. This would also include the 2 year old progress check. If further advice is needed I would ask permission before doing so. 

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

I like to involve parents in your child's learning journal and encourage then to share learning and activities the children do at home.

Back to top