Key Changes Music Therapy LTD
Music Therapy: for pre-school to older age using the natural ability to respond to music.
In music therapy, although the emphasis is on the process of creating music in a lively and spontaneous way, musical skills are not required for someone to benefit from this special work.
Over time, a trusting relationship can develop through the music which therapists and clients create together. This, in turn can facilitate physical, mental, social and emotional development.
Benefits of music therapy can include:
- Increase participation and engagement
- Improved communication and social skills
- Enhanced awareness of self and others
- Release of frustration and a sense of achievement
- Decreased tension, anxiety and challenging behaviour
- Enjoyment and improved quality of life for the individual and those who care for them.
Who to contact
Where to go
Winnall Vallet Road
- SO23 0LD
- Wheelchair access, Level access, Accessible toilets
- The cost of a session varies according to length based on £49.15 per hour. We may be able to assist in recommending help with funding if this is an issue.
- Referral Details
Sessions are generally arranged on a one to one basis depending on the availability of a therapist and geographical location.