Family Information and Services Hub
Local Offer

Hall Lynda - Childminder - EY253766

Offering services to:
  • Parents
  • Children 0-5
  • Young parents
  • Primary school aged children
  • Families
Carescheme type:
  • Childminder
I am a member of the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years ( PACEY)

Who to contact

Contact Name
Lynda Hall
Contact Position
01189 816998 01189 816998 07799250621 07799250621

Where to go



View RG26 on a map


Age Ranges
5 to 8 years
0 to 5 years

Inclusion Information

Special Needs provision
Special Needs Experience
Physical impairment
Visual impairment
Hearing Difficulties
Caters for children with special needs.

Childcare Information

Funded Places

Offers 3 & 4 year old funded places
Offers 2 year old funded places

Opening Times & Facilities

Messy Play Area
Sleeping Area
Outdoor Play

School Pickups

Does offer school pickups

Bishopswood Infant School
Bishopswood Junior School

Local Offer

How does the setting/school/college know if children/young people need extra help and what should I do if I think my child/young person may have special educational needs?

Careful documented observation of children's developmental progress, along with information shared from parents and carers helps to build a picture of the child and any specific needs that they may have.  Partnership working with parents is highly valued and actively encouraged.  Should there be concerns around a child's needs, I work with parents to ensure that the appropriate support is put into place. 

How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

I support children to feel safe and secure within my homely environment. Each child's individual interests and abilities are catered for and supported within our activities so that all can be included. Care and education is tailored to the individual child, helping them to build their skills, confidence and self esteem. I communicate in depth with parents, and work with other agencies where necessary ,ensuring that we work effectively in partnership to support  the child.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

I follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and tailor my activities around the child's needs and interests. Observations allow me to assess where they are developmentally and plan for progressing them to the next stage in their learning. 

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

Through observation and assessment I am able to determine how a child is progressing. I use an online learning journal system, which also allows parents to log on and see my observations and assessments, and upload observations from home. In addition regular discussions on progress take place. I offer a daily diary providing a written record of the child's day at parents request. Should a child need external support I work in partnership with other agencies, ensuring that all relevant information is exchanged in the interest of the child to support them. 

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

I treat the safety and wellbeing of children as a very high priority. I have an extensive range of policies and procedures that I adhere to and review regularly. Risk assessments are ongoing to ensure that children are able to thrive in a safe environment, bot in the setting and whilst on outings. I hold a Level 3 Safeguarding certificate, and a current first aid qualification. These are renewed in line with legal obligations. In addition to this I have undertaken Lead Practitioner Safeguarding training. All family members over 16yrs are DBS checked and deemed suitable to work with children. 

Medicines are stored safely, and only administered with recorded parental permission, as outlined in my sickness and medication policy. Accidents and incidents are recorded, and inform my ongoing risk assessments. 

Photographs are only taken and used with parents permission. I am registered as a data handler with the ICO and am GDPR compliant. 

Children are also educated in how to support their own wellbeing and encouraged to communicate any problems that they may be experiencing. 

What specialist services and expertise are avaliable at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

I hold a level 3 qualification in Childcare and Early Years education, Level 3 Safeguarding and  Paediatric First Aid training. In my years as a childminder I have attended training on many subjects relevant to working with children.  I am committed to my CPD and work to keep my skills and knowledge up to date. 

I am prepared to undertake any training or learn about any subjects that may help support a child in my care, and work with other agencies to support a child.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

I have undertaken training in many subjects to support children in my care. As well as Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding , Level 3 in Childcare and Education, Designated Lead Safeguarding,  I have attended training sessions on , Basic Makaton, FGM, Prevent Duty, Supporting 2yr Olds, The Communication Friendly Approach, I Can ( communication) , Every Child a Talker, Working With Adolescents, Supporting Children with English as an Additional Language, Supporting Transitions, Child Development and Managing Behaviour, Positive Approaches to Behaviour, Working With Parents, Discovering Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Mindfulness in early Years, and many others. 



How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

My service is inclusive and all activities and outings are planned to ensure that all can take part. Consultation with parents ensures I have up to date knowledge of a child to ensure that I can meet their needs on the day. Outings are risk assessed to ensure suitability for all and I ensure I have any necessary equipment/ resources.

How accessible is the setting/school/college enviroment?

I have a driveway suitable for use at drop off and collection. The premises have a single step to the front door. There is currently no ramp enabling wheelchair access. I have a designated playroom and toilet at the rear of the building, that leads on to an enclosed garden. There is no rear access available. Upstairs is only used for children who need to sleep during the day and can do so in a travel cot. 

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

Once a parent has decided to use my service, I offer a settling in period. Parents are welcome to stay with the child if they feel it necessary during these visits initially while the child becomes more familiar. I am happy to visit the child in their home also. 

When it is time for a child to transition to another setting or move on to education, I support this through working with the other setting to ensure familiarity where possible and exchanging information and also through the use of photographs, stories, provision of school uniform for role play etc. 

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

Government funding is available for eligible 2 year olds and for all 3 and 4 year olds. Additional funding may be available for children with Special Educational Needs (SEN). Hampshire run a monthly resource library in Basingstoke and it is possible to hire specialist equipment and toys if needed.

Where reasonable to do so I will invest in necessary resources myself if needed.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

I conduct a 2 year development check for all eligible children with support/input from parent/carer. I observe, assess and track the progress of each child in my setting in line with the EYFS. The information is recorded on the child’s learning journey which is available for the parent/carer to read at any time and a paper copy of the progress check made available to correspond with the timing of the Health Service 2yr check. 

Parents/carers are informed of any concerns or issues I may have as soon as they become apparent and following these discussions, with permission, I would seek advice from our Local Authority or other relevant agency and develop an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). Continual monitoring will help to establish the effectiveness of the plan and what further support a child may require.

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

Parental involvement is key to my practice. I foster positive relationships where we are able to work together effectively in the shared interest of the child. Information is shared both verbally, via a parents social media group, and via learning journals. All involvement is welcome from parents on any level they feel able to contribute.  Suggestions on improving my practice are invited and feedback sought regularly, ensuring that parents and children have a voice within the setting. 

Offering services to:
  • Parents
  • Children 0-5
  • Young parents
  • Primary school aged children
  • Families
Carescheme type:
  • Childminder


Remove from shortlist

Last Updated: 25 July 2023

Go back to top