KIDS Young Carers Gosport and Fareham
We provide support to Young Carers between the ages of 8 to 25, who are supporting someone in their household that has a disability, mental illness or is misusing a substance. This could include a parent, sibling or close family member.
Who to contact
Where to go
- KIDS Young Carers - Fareham & Gosport
The Smile Centre
- PO8 8QT
- Wheelchair access, Level access, Accessible toilets
- Charges Vary
- Referral Details
Child must be a young carer (live with a disabled parent / sibling) this includes for siblings and/ or parents
- Contact Name
- Corniche Plumridge
- Contact Telephone
- 01329 312 312
- Contact Email
- How can I start using the service?
Professionals or families can make a referral using our form; a team member will then arrange a home visit to make an assessment if this service is appropriate for the Young Person.
- How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making?
In relation to trips out and leisure activities, the young carers will be asked in a group discussion, we endeavour to provide age appropriate activities that the young people maybe missing out on in addition to giving them new experiences.
- Is your service fully accessible?
The majority of our building is accessible.
- What training are the staff supporting children and young people with SEN and Disabilities had or are having?
Kid’s staff have individualised training linked to their job role and receive regular supervision and an annual appraisal.
In addition to core staff having the following:
Moving and Handling
- How will I know my child is safe?
Each session is run by a senior member of staff with the support of two staff members with an on call manager available on call.
We ensure we have a staff member out off ratio to provide one to one support.
Trips out have higher staffing ratio.
The manager of Young Carers is also the organisation safe guarding lead who works closely with the senior member of the team to ensure the safety of all service users.
- Which of the following applies to your setting?