Skip to main content
Family Information and Services Hub

Simpkin, Lucrezia


Who to contact

023 8084 0525

Where to go


Childcare Information


Contact provider for vacancy details?

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
When is childcare available
Visit & Outings
Messy Play Area
Sleeping Area
Outdoor Play

Ofsted Information

Ofsted Inspection Report
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Latest Inspection
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
04/02/2020Inspection (Early Years Register)Good

Inclusion Information

Cultural Provisions

Has Provision
Cultural and Spec. Diet. Needs,Relig. and Cultural Awareness



Age Ranges
5 to 8 years, 0 to 5 years

Time / Date Details

Session Information
4 Hours or More Per Day
45 Weeks or More Per Year
All year round
Weekday All Day

Local Offer

Local Offer
How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?

As I work alone, I provide continuous care and support for your child. When a child starts in my setting they will receive an “All About Me” form which focuses on their strengths, areas of development, home life, interests and language. The daily diaries support communication between parents and myself. I inform the parents or carer’s of their child’s progress by sharing their development folders with them which track their child’s development, and follow any plans that are in place. This information helps me plan activities to support their needs and development based on a child’s interests and needs. If extra support is required I am happy to work with other professionals.

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

Regular observations and record keeping is carried out and recorded in a child’s development folder. Planning is built around the children’s interests and ‘child led’ with guidance from me for their individual next steps. I take into consideration the children’s progress and plan and support them at their own pace. I use the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum as a guide for a child’s development. Progress will be evidenced in the child’s development folder. For group activities I ensure that all activities will be differentiated to suit each child’s needs and that all children will be able to access it and it will suit their stage of development.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

Regular observations and record keeping is carried out and recorded in their personal development folder. These assessments help me to monitor and adapt targets to maintain and challenge a child’s development progress. Development folders hold each child’s observations and assessments, termly reports, tracking sheets (this form is a guide of where a child ‘should be’ developing) and next steps that can be done at home or in the setting to support their development. These folders are sent home at the end of each term and parents can contribute to them. Any concerns are shared and discussed with parents on a regular basis. If a child needs further support I can seek advice and help from my childminding coordinator, the local authority or other professionals. When English is not a child’s first language I can work with my coordinator to access resources to support the child in my provision. There is a large range of age-related resources which children can access and support their development. Included are books in different languages.

What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

I am responsible for ensuring your child is safe and secure; both emotionally and physically throughout the transition from home-based care to pre-school and later to full time education. I maintain an inclusive service. My provision is risk assessed before each day for safety. The children help to check for broken toys and are encouraged to think about their safety and the safety of others. House rules have been devised by the children and picture reminders are used. I am trained in first aid. All medication is stored in a secure place. I will administer medication with parental consent which is recorded. I and any other adults in the house over 16 are Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) or Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked. I have regular safeguarding training. My policies include Safeguarding/Child Protection, Special needs and Equal Opportunities/Inclusion.

What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting/school/college?

hold a Level 3 in Early Years Care and Education, and I have trained in Makaton (a signing method of communication, supported by spoken language), speech and language and behaviour management and working with parents. I can access further expertise from Prospects (who support me with childminding) the local authority or seek advice from other professionals.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?

Training is undertaken regularly to ensure necessary knowledge and to enhance my professional development as the need arises. I am always happy to work closely with parents/carers and outside agencies to learn specific skills to support children with additional needs. I am first aid trained, have a level 3 childcare qualification and have trained at level 4 Safeguarding. I have trained in Makaton, both the foundation and enhancement courses.

How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

>When planning any activities or outings (which involve their child) I always welcome parents input and feedback. A risk assessment is carried out prior to the outing to ensure each child’s requirement are met.

How accessible is the setting/school/college environment?

I work from my home which is a bungalow in Hythe. There is a step at the front door and steps at the rear of the property to access the garden. I have no wheelchair access. I have toilet facilities next to a designated playroom. I have a secure enclosed rear garden for outside play. We also visit local parks, library and shops frequently. I do school runs to the Orchard Schools daily which are situated nearby.

How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?

I ask new children and parents to attend settling in sessions before they start. This gives an opportunity for parents and children to meet me, my family and the other children I care for, which will help the child to settle when the parents leave them. I encourage all children to visit their chosen school before starting. Each child has the opportunity to visit their school on more than one occasion before starting. Before a child starts pre-school or school I do lots of school based activities and role play to promote what it will be like in school as well as reading stories and looking at books depicting what they will experience at school.

How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?

I provide Government funding early year’s education places for eligible 2 year olds and all 3 and 4 year olds. Additional funding can be claimed for children with special educational needs (SEN).

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

I will observe and make a decision on whether your child will benefit from extra support with the additional information from the 2 year old check, when necessary. This will be discussed with yourselves and my coordinator and moved on from there. An Individual Education Plan will be devised for your child with your input. This is reviewed over a term to learn what impact the support has had on your child and what should be put into place next.

How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?

Parents will be consulted whenever possible and kept up to date with their child’s progress and care. They are regularly asked for any ideas for activities to extend their child’s individual interests through play. I ask all parents to work with me on their children’s learning and development. Parents can contribute to their child’s development folder, discuss through the child’s daily diary or face to face.

Back to top